Author Topic: iPhone/iPod/iPad as a headset: Another solution.  (Read 10084 times)

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone/iPod/iPad as a headset: Another solution.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
I just tried headset from Mobiola on my ipod touch 3G and it works quite well.  I had a little trouble setting it up, but after rebooting it seems ok for now.  I'll post back more after I've played with it a little bit.  One nice thing about it is that it seems to let you set another mic to revert to when it is not connected.  I haven't tested this extensively but it seems to work, so I can set it to fall back to my amulet when the ipod application isn't running.  We still need to switch VC on and off though to get it to connect to the new microphone.

Hi James!

Is it possible to do this automatically? Is it possible for VC to detect when the default mic has change and make a quick restart? And with Eventghost? A simple python script that detects it and generate and event?

Too complicated, isn't it?

Thanks for your help  ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
I don't know of a way to detect when the windows default input device has changed.  It might be possible using polling.  In other words, every once in a while (could be every two seconds or whatever) check the registry to see what is the default microphone.  The more often you check, the more you are wasting your computer resources, and the less often you check, the longer it will take to detect a change, when it occurs.

It is not very elegant but it might work.  VoxCommando currently using polling (3 seconds) to detect which program has focus.  I don't like it, but it seems to work fine.

I believe there is a way in eventGhost to check a registry value, so yes, this could be done with EventGhost and a python script... probably.

The first step would be to find the correct registry key and to verify that it does actually change when the default input device has been changed.

In the case of Mobiola though, I don't think there is any way to detect it because the default windows device is not actually changing.  I think they are internally passing through to the other device, and I have also found that is does not work very well, at least not on my system.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:24 AM »
Hi James!

Is it possible to do this automatically? Is it possible for VC to detect when the default mic has change and make a quick restart? And with Eventghost? A simple python script that detects it and generate and event?

Too complicated, isn't it?

Thanks for your help  ;)
Hi Aitor, the question is - how do you will use this feature?

1. If you start a process, the mic input change automatically and VC make a quick restart?
I think this is possible with LCB.
Also is it possible to change the default mic with a command in VC. (I use this way, that is a easy command) you need only the "SetSoundInput.exe" from here: http://voxcommando.com/clicks.asp?url=files/VoxCommandoExtras.zip and a XML with the name of your devices. (see example pictures)

If you need help, let me know  ;)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
Aitor?  Where did you go?