Author Topic: Blue Microphones Tiki USB Mic  (Read 2533 times)

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Blue Microphones Tiki USB Mic
« on: July 06, 2012, 03:28:22 AM »
This seems like an interesting microphone to keep an eye on.

http://www.bluemic.com/tiki/

"The new Tiki is the world's first USB microphone that mimics the intelligence of human hearing by focusing on desired sounds, minimizing background noise and knowing when to mute altogether. Tiki's two modes give any Skype user, podcaster or musician the versatility to quickly choose the best option in any situation. First, Intelligent Speech Mode brings your voice to the forefront of a conference call or chat while noise-canceling technology simultaneously minimizes unwanted, competing background noise. Natural Recording Mode captures a wide range of sources from vocals to acoustic guitar, recording high-fidelity audio with exceptional clarity. Tiki sets a new standard for crystal clear audio for wherever you go....t has two ears and a brain-- actually, two capsules and one very powerful (400MHz) DSP chip which constantly listen and compare the signal from the two opposite-facing cardioid capsules. The DSP decides which signals to pass through and compares the signals to help remove background noise. In addition, it applies noise-reduction algorithms co-developed with iZotope and then applies intelligent muting, which soft mutes whenever you aren't speaking. "

The price seems to be ok, I am thinking of purchasing one when it's available. I will share my findings.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:32:19 AM by mparks »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Microphones Tiki USB Mic
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:18:54 AM »
This seems like an interesting microphone to keep an eye on.

http://www.bluemic.com/tiki/

"The new Tiki is the world's first USB microphone that mimics the intelligence of human hearing by focusing on desired sounds, minimizing background noise and knowing when to mute altogether. Tiki's two modes give any Skype user, podcaster or musician the versatility to quickly choose the best option in any situation. First, Intelligent Speech Mode brings your voice to the forefront of a conference call or chat while noise-canceling technology simultaneously minimizes unwanted, competing background noise. Natural Recording Mode captures a wide range of sources from vocals to acoustic guitar, recording high-fidelity audio with exceptional clarity. Tiki sets a new standard for crystal clear audio for wherever you go....t has two ears and a brain-- actually, two capsules and one very powerful (400MHz) DSP chip which constantly listen and compare the signal from the two opposite-facing cardioid capsules. The DSP decides which signals to pass through and compares the signals to help remove background noise. In addition, it applies noise-reduction algorithms co-developed with iZotope and then applies intelligent muting, which soft mutes whenever you aren't speaking. "

The price seems to be ok, I am thinking of purchasing one when it's available. I will share my findings.
Good catch, I'm interesting on it too. Please write a review if you have buy one :)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Blue Microphones Tiki USB Mic
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
Sounds very promising indeed.  In the past those promises seem to have almost always come up short so I would be prepared for disappointment, but if you want to take the plunge I am very curious to hear the results!  It's a shame that this type of item is not normally carried by the box-stores that let you "try" their products for 30 days.

edit:  oooh it looks like they have it at Best-Buy, which is great, but currently only in the USA.  Maybe it will come to a box store near us soon!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:13:10 PM by jitterjames »