Author Topic: Yippee kayay - it's 0.939 !  (Read 9811 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Yippee kayay - it's 0.939 !
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
So in 0.939 I added the VC.SetOption command.  This allows you to override certain options.  When you restart VC they will go back to the values set in the Options form.

currently there are only 2 things you can modify:

- RequiredConfidence
- IdleTimeout

I'll add others upon request.

see the attached for an example of changing the idle timer.  To turn it off you can set it to 0

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:31:52 AM by jitterjames »

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Wow, I've been away for a while now and just sat down to continue where I left my HA project and I can see a lot has happend since I used VC last...
I'm now using 0,931 and now 0.939 is out..

Seems like I have a lot to look into the next couple of days. :D

Quick question, what is the best way to update VC?
Is it a fresh install or copying the latest over the older?
I have tried to find some info on the forum, but i have not found any solid info.
Know Kalle has posted that his "updates" works well, so I assume it is possible, as long as it is not to many new features and the GUI has the same layout, am i right?

Christian
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
as with all updates of VC you can either install it to a fresh folder or you can install it on top of an existing one to update it.

If you do an update, you should always make a backup of your original folder first,  just in case.

if you do an in-place update, you will get updates applied to everything except your configuration.  If there are new commands in a standard configuration you won't see those, but if you want to use a standard configuration anyway, you should just install to a blank folder.

If you want to import only certain commands from a standard commands to your current configuration, you can find the voicecommands.xml files inside zip archives in vc\resources\configs\
you can drag these xml files into the bin and then copy over what you want.