Author Topic: Issuing commands from irule  (Read 5282 times)

JoshK

• View Profile
Re: Issuing commands from irule
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »
have got it working now that I dropped the / before api :)

although I only seem to be able to send short messages, with no spaces i.e "api/vc.tellvox&&heat" works but "api/vc.tellvox&&turn on heating" doesn't...
i'm not sure how i should be formatting them in irule.
any chance you could try getting a command like "api/vc.tellvox&&turn on lounge heating" working and show me what syntax you use?

noticed that it sends the request 3 times as well. This also seems to happen if you use safari on ios to access the url (i use this to send visitors links for opening visitor parking doors etc). would be great if this could be solved.

thanks for your help - the same question on the irule forum has been sitting idle for 4 days now ::)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
I did mention this:

You might also need to manually url encode things like spaces if iRule is not doing it for you.

try to google search for: url encode spaces

you will find the solution in 2 seconds.

As for the repeats, I'm working on it.  Should have a new version of the TCP plugin out soon, with a better simple-web-server.

JoshK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 12:37:43 AM »
thankyou! finally all working nicely now through dns.

am using an if statement at the begining of my commands followed by seteventtimer statement at the end of the commands to act as a timer to only allow them to run once every 3 seconds. it's a temporary work around for the mulitple requests issue until it's updated.

Thanks again!

JoshK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »
thanks for the update to the tcp client. issue of multiple actions\events is fixed :)