Author Topic: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store  (Read 16019 times)

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
I'll just use this thread as it's no a big issue. I have VoxWav Pro running on my Android 4.2 phone and it works fine, but a 5" phone is a bit clumsy to use. It also worked fine on my previous 3.14" Android 2.2 phone until I updated that thing to 4.2 CyanogenMod. Now every time I try to launch the app, it crashes. What makes this interesting is that VW Free works just fine on that phone. Can you think of any reason why this would happen?

Edit: I think I found the reason for this in one of the threads below. Maybe should have checked more carefully first......

Also is it possible to disable the mic listening while VW is receiving. Right now I get the same command twice sometimes.

And one last thing, can you check if it's possible to force the orientation sensor on while screen is off? It used to work on Android <4 but apparently there's a way to do it with the new ones as well. This would allow giving the commands in screen off mode by tilting the phone.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:58:36 AM by Sinbe »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
... It also worked fine on my previous 3.14" Android 2.2 phone until I updated that thing to 4.2 CyanogenMod. Now every time I try to launch the app, it crashes. What makes this interesting is that VW Free works just fine on that phone. Can you think of any reason why this would happen?

Edit: I think I found the reason for this in one of the threads below. Maybe should have checked more carefully first......

I can't think of any reason for this but it certainly sounds like a problem with CyanogenMod.  You could try a full uninstall/reinstall of VW.  If you find the reason please let us know.

Also is it possible to disable the mic listening while VW is receiving. Right now I get the same command twice sometimes.

If you look in your VC history window you will see that various events are generated by VoxWav and the TcpMic plugin.  You should be able to use those to turn your regular mic on and off if you like.

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
I can't think of any reason for this but it certainly sounds like a problem with CyanogenMod.  You could try a full uninstall/reinstall of VW.  If you find the reason please let us know.
It was because the FW didn't have a TTS engine (saves precious memory on old cheap device). Installing a TTS fixed it.

If you look in your VC history window you will see that various events are generated by VoxWav and the TcpMic plugin.  You should be able to use those to turn your regular mic on and off if you like.
Okay, didn't think of that. I'll try.