Author Topic: Getting VC To Read  (Read 5120 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Getting VC To Read
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
Great video, Kalle. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

:hugs
***********  get excited and make things  **********

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
Kalle. Thanks once again. It seems being that I am still a rookie VC user and obviously not as smart as some others on here I did not realize that was a command and not command group. However I am getting to the point where I am scared to ask for any help on here. It seems that when I do I get cut down pretty hard. I do not have the experience as most on here. I am still in very early learning stages. Once again thanks for your patience and help.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
Hi Paul, I think you misunderstand us. It has nothing to do that a "rookie" ask for help - we are always willing to help - because it has to do how you ask for help and also more with that you ignore all the rules at many times we have drawn attention and if you read the rules or this http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support in our wiki you will understand what we mean - and this topic is a perfect example that we can solve a problem in seconds after we get more information. I think after "106" posts and 1 year user you have enough experience at the VC basics like copy and paste a command or command group in the VC editor. Anyway, we are will help each user all the time (365/24/7) and don't be scared to ask for help, but please take more care on our rules how you ask for help.  :bignod

Naomi give us here a perfect example how it might look:

1. We didn't know what version you were using.
2. We didn't know whether the "nothing happens" part happened after you'd tried to issue the command or when you were importing the command, or at some other point.
3. We didn't know whether you were getting any feedback from VC (as vulcanjedi mentioned).
4. We didn't know if the RoboBrowser plugin had been enabled (i.e., whether you'd tried to follow all of the instructions provided).

---
"I am using version 1.191. I selected and copied all of the xml in the command block. When I opened my tree and tried to paste it at the bottom of my tree using right-click, the command did not seem to show up in the tree. I kept seeing the word "paste" but no sign of the command. There is no error message that I can see in the history panel."

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********