Author Topic: Hook - Plugin to generate events from keyboard input  (Read 2617 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Hook - Plugin to generate events from keyboard input
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
Here's a new plugin that can generate events from keyboard input.  It may be useful if you don't use eventGhost and you are looking for a way to turn VC on / off or do other things triggered by a key-combination.

You could also use it with TTS to speak the letters / words that you are typing... or use it as a key-logger.

The standard MCE remote drivers also generate key-presses for certain keys so you could possibly use it with that.

Some users will obviously have no use for this plugin.  That's why it's a plugin!

In the attached file is a folder called "hook" put that folder in your plugin folder.

[edit: deleted old attachment. Plugin can be downloaded in VC]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:50:29 PM by nime5ter »

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Hook - Plugin to generate events from keyboard input
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:03:05 AM »
I need to capture Keyboard commands and NOT pass them to WMC/App.

Can I do this without installing EventGhost?

Scenario, I want to use numeric keys to control Vera scenes using VoxCommando...but don't want the number input to go to WMC

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:13:23 AM by AgileHumor »

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:54:26 AM »
So I tried the hook plugin and so far so good.

Just can't figure a way to toggle Hook on from the WMC keypad.  Disabling it is easy via an event.

Any ideas how to enable (and toggle disable) hook from the WMC remote?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
Obviously you can't use your keys to open the safe that contains your keys, (unless you use some special Star Trek logic carefully applied to the problem).

By the same (non Star Trek) logic, you can't use an event generated by hook to do anything if hook is disabled.  So it is impossible to use hook to turn hook on.

You could use some other event, or even a voice command to turn hook on.

You could enable and disable groups to control when the events were ignored, or used to trigger Vera scenes but this would not change whether hooked keys were blocked from going to MCE.