Author Topic: Voxcommando And XBMC with Central Database + WHS 2011.  (Read 3301 times)

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Voxcommando And XBMC with Central Database + WHS 2011.
« on: February 11, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
I can't find the answer to this and sorry if I overlooked it. I've also looked for a tutorial but no luck.

I have a server running WHS 2011 that runs MySQL with XBMC 12.0 to keep a central database streaming to 3 computers/htpc's. I have alot of music and movies and got tired of keeping up the databases. I want to be able to use VoxWav to "talk" to my home server through Voxcommando and send commands to Eventghost to start my living room, bedroom, etc. computers through wake on lan and other cool stuff(I know how to send commands b/w vox and eventghost). I already use terremote right now with custom remotes to control all of this so i have most of the commands already programed but would like to use voice to control all of it.

My questions:
1. Is there any way to install SAPI on whs 2011

2.  If i cant do #1 how do i generate the xml for XBMC frodo with a remote MySQL database?

PS. I built all my computers and have a PHD in google searches but i am no way a programmer or good when it comes to code etc. So if i am in over my head tell me now.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voxcommando And XBMC with Central Database + WHS 2011.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »
My questions:
1. Is there any way to install SAPI on whs 2011

2.  If i cant do #1 how do i generate the xml for XBMC frodo with a remote MySQL database?

Hi RM19.  Welcome to the forum.

1 - I don't think there is any way to install SAPI 5.3 on WHS.  If there is, you'll have to use your Ph.D to find it. :)

2 - If you can run VC, then you can generate the xml via JSON.  Please see this post: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=984.msg8237#msg8237

let me know if you have any further questions

Mace

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »
Is there any way to have the xSQL connect to a central server rather than individual instances?
I may have done it wrong but there's no .db file from a server. The data bases are a working fine.
It'd be nice to do a simple server connect, then query the database if possible.

If i have to use xJSON how do i add in more options?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
No there isn't. XSQL reads sqlite database files. You are probably using MySQL for your central database. Yes? You have to use xjson in that case.

Mace

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
Can you give me an example of a XJson.GenXmlCustom please?
 i can't seem to make it work

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
Yes, I will, but it is much more limited as you can see from the XBMC Json API I linked to earlier. Still on first coffee here  :D

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »
Would it help if we created File DSNs to a MySQL server? I dont think the tables change and can't think the sql syntax changes much?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
No I don't think so, but as of VC version 1.1 there is a plugin called xMySql.  If you are using XBMC with mySQL you can enable this plugin and use it to generate XML and it works almost exactly the same way as the xSQL plugin.  It is very fast and powerful.