Author Topic: homeseer plugin in alpha to work with Vera  (Read 1959 times)

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
homeseer plugin in alpha to work with Vera
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »
Just saw this on the homeseer site  https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196052
I will be testing this and hoping that VC will work. 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: homeseer plugin in alpha to work with Vera
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
I'm sorry I don't understand. You're hoping VoxCommando will work with what exactly?

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
I have switched to homeseer.  I am hoping to use vox still for voice commands.  Even if it means using virtual devices in vera to trigger things in hs. 
Hstouch uses google translate and it is very limited in use (and currently broken).  Same with the imperihome implementation (not broken).  Getting a natural pattern of giving voice commands in HS requires either setting up kinects, things like the revolabs xtag, xap800 like equipment, or windows tablets/pcs.  Your android/wear client is perfect and easier to deploy.   
 I tried the solutions that was posted here to use vc and homeseer, but the project has been stagnant, and it still has to many limitations.
And in all honesty, some of the things that Vc can do (gmail/calendar, kodi, hue) cost money in the hs side of house.  If vera will be able to be a middle man and talk back to vc, then i spent money i wish i didn't on plugins. 

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »
I have VC setup to control things in homeseer now. The middleman is vera.  If anyone is interested in how, let me know.  Really easy using virtual switches.

edit:  Using virtual switches can trigger vc only commands.  I set up a virtual switch that can turn on red alert.  So it is a sort of 2 way communication. 

I have figured out the cleanest way (that i know of) to use VC with homeseer,  do you mind if i let the HS crowd know that they a new option for voice control?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:46:09 PM by keithj69 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:19 AM »
Sure, why not?  I'm thinking it was already possible to talk to homeseer directly from VoxCommando but maybe this is easier for some people to set up?

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 09:46:21 AM »
It is easier for the non-techie people.  The hardest part is using Vera.setstate to control the virtual switch in vera.  I will give the plugin time to mature before I say anything.