Author Topic: xSQL custom DB option doesn't work?  (Read 2178 times)

DexDeadly

• View Profile
xSQL custom DB option doesn't work?
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
Hello, so I've been playing around with the google music plugin on Kodi and it has a local database.  I'm looking to pull some information out of it however when I set it as a custom db using the xSQL plugin and pointed the custom line to that database. However it seems when I hit generate it doesn't work.  I verified that my select statement does work by placing the database in the music line of the plugin and then hit save and generate and it then generated with no issues.  Is there an issue with selecting custom from the dropdown? 

Once I have the googlemusic working I'll post it up for those who want it.  Right now I have it working and playing a playlist or a single song.   I'm working on submitting a search to display the results on the screen and playing albums but the plugin doesn't pull that information to its local db just yet.  I've reached out to the developer of the plugin to see if we can pull that information.  This will be a nice alternative to local media.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: xSQL custom DB option doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:01:28 AM »
Sounds like a cool application. Can you please post your SQL query.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »
Looks like that feature was never fully implemented.  Here's an updated version of the plugin.  Remember to unblock the .dll

.dll removed, get the latest version of VC instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:07:24 PM by jitterjames »

DexDeadly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 02:39:07 PM »
Hey JitterJames, thanks for the new .dll, I've verified that this now works.  I'm close to finishing the integration and will post it up once I am done.  I had to also make some changes to the plugin itself but only one file to pull the required data but it's working great!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »
I had to also make some changes to the plugin itself but only one file to pull the required data but it's working great!!

I don't know what you mean by that. Perhaps you could elaborate.

Are you talking about modifying the Google Music add-on for Kodi?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:28:08 PM by jitterjames »

DexDeadly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
Hey JitterJames,

Apologize, yea I meant to the plugin for google music. It wasn't pulling everything that I needed to the local database it creates.  There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how he has it.  There's 2 tables for songs.......so yea.