Author Topic: launch addon from vox  (Read 2899 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
launch addon from vox
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
how would i go about adding a voice command to vox to go directly to one of my addons?

ive tried using XBMC.ExecBuiltin Runaddon(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.newznab/") but this does nothing at all ive also tried just XBMC.ExecBuiltin Runaddon(plugin.video.newznab)

any help is greatly appreciated

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: launch addon from vox
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »
Are you using Eden or Frodo?

You can't use XBMC.*** actions with Frodo, so if you are using Frodo, you should be using XJson.***

you should start by looking at the various commands that are already provided in the default configurations.  I think there is one command in there for the subtitles addon...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:54:13 AM by jitterjames »

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »
yes i am using frodo, after having a look at the subtitles launch addon settings. i came up with this:

when i attempt to make this launch vox recognizes my command with no problem but nothing happens.

im sorry i just purchased vox today and im trying to get the hang of it i have tons of things running flawlessly for the most part aside from thsi one issue.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
Well, XBMC has different types of addons, and I guess this one is a video addon that is not really "executed" per se.

So probably you want to use GUI.ActivateWindow and then it is just a matter of finding the right parameters.

Here's a similar command for a video addon (newznab looked way too complicated to install, sorry)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="416" name="open nasa videos" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "video", "parameters": [ "plugin://plugin.video.nasa" ]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>open nasa videos</phrase>
</command>

Ideally when you want to post a command you could right click it in your tree and select "copy" and then paste it into a code block on the forum, as I have just done.  then others can simply copy the code block and paste it into a group in their tree.  (You can copy commands, or entire groups this way).

I can't test it but hopefully this command will work for you:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="422" name="open news nab" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "video", "parameters": [ "plugin://plugin.video.newznab" ]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>open news nab</phrase>
</command>

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
hey thanks james it works great and thanks for the tip on copy/pasting code to the forum and vox.