Author Topic: MySQL Updating  (Read 2170 times)

zlmitchell

• View Profile
MySQL Updating
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Hello,

First off let me say, i just stumbled upon VoxCommando and i'm having a blast. But i am one of the few who run XBMC off of a mysql server with multiple clients. I was wondering in order to keep the search function working correctly does it automatically update itself? Or do i have to go into the xjson plugin and click the button every time i add a movie? Is there a way to make it do it over voice command (maybe show a percentage)?

Also the searching for TV Shows wont ever have to be updated unless you add a whole no TV show right? Because if you search, "Find TV Show Fringe Unwatched" it going to find fringe and change it to unwatched correct? Or is that also in the XML's?

I just want to make sure that the voice commands and xbmc work great together with the mysql before i throw money at it (donation and microphone), cause this is so amazing... this plus my leapmotion coming in the mail is going to be the hot ticket.

Off Topic:

1. I cannot figure out the voice command to resume a video once i have paused it. "Play", "Pause", send space and other random words shouted at the screen dont work  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: MySQL Updating
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
Hi ZL welcome to VoxCommando.

If you are using version 0.984 I believe there is already a voice command to update your xml files.

just say "Generate XML".  Note that depending on the size of your library there will be a delay before this command completes and you are ready to use the new content.

You are correct about the TVShows, when you add new episodes of a show you already have, nothing really changes, but when you use this Generate XML command it will update everything, even if you have not added anything.  It is possible to create a command that will only update movies which would be faster but this is something I would suggest you save for when you are a bit more familiar with the program.

Shouting doesn't help much, but looking at the actual commands can improve the experience quite a bit ;)

click help "generate help menu" to see all the voice commands available.

There is actually a command which is "play pause".  This could be changed to something better, but be careful about creating single syllable commands like "play" because they will increase the rate of "false positives" significantly.

zlmitchell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »
Thanks! Yes i'm using 0.984, now just to clarify when you say the voice command for "generate xml" that is going to run the "xjson xml generate" one not the other normal mode which runs off the local .db's right? (I would try it but i am away from my HTPC computer)

P.S. Maybe the "Play Pause" voice command would be better if changed to "Pause" and "Resume"?

Also is there any way for Vox to check the DB for date of video added and then look for last time it created xml and only add new titles to their respective xml's? I know that in the mysql under the "myvideos75" database in both movieview and episodeview tables there is a column of dateAdded that you could query.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:32 AM »
As far as I know, if you are using 0.984 then the json method IS the default method.

anyway here is the command:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="188" name="Generate XML" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.GenXml</cmdType>
    <cmdString />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>VC.RestartQuick</cmdType>
    <cmdString />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>generate X M L</phrase>
</command>

You can change the "play pause" command to whatever you like.  It was originally named this way because that was the name of the action in the Json interface provided by XBMC.

Also is there any way for Vox to check the DB for date of video added and then look for last time it created xml and only add new titles to their respective xml's? I know that in the mysql under the "myvideos75" database in both movieview and episodeview tables there is a column of dateAdded that you could query.

Might be possible but probably not going to happen.

zlmitchell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »
Might be possible but probably not going to happen.

Cool. Thanks for being honest