Author Topic: Hungarian recognition and TTS using Google  (Read 11886 times)

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian recognition and TTS using Google
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2020, 05:15:03 PM »
Do you have experience with vera edge connection into VC?
I checked the wiki page, the video, and also here the topics but I can ot find the solution...
https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Vera_Configuration

So my Vera Edge connectiong through the WIFI and I can reach the dashboard from the browser, but the IP addres not working

Internet/WAN
DHCP
IP address:   
Subnet mask:   
Gateway:   

LAN DHCP server OFF

Im tried the 3480 and 49451 port also.
192.168.88.34:3480
192.168.88.34:49451

Sorry for the question...but Im already checked the Vera forums..and actually I do not have more idea.
What is also interesting, the Vera Edge IP address not visible on the browser address box. There is something like this:
https://vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com/www/1.7.4969-en/?....

thanks for every help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2020, 09:08:43 PM »
If you type 192.168.88.34 into the address bar on your web browser, does it show the Vera page?

What is the IP address of the computer running VoxCommando?

I don't know if it is the cause of the problem but I highly recommend you connect your Edge using an ethernet cable instead of WiFi.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
I recommend to buy a more powerful PC with an Intel i3 or i5 - I don’t know if this will solve your freezing problem, but for my understanding your hardware is not powerful enough at all.
There are so much (maybe used) mini PC’s on eBay available (as example a Asus Vivo) which works without any problems running VC and other stuff.
I use a Asus Vivo i3 for my home automation with a running VC instance 24h 365 days and have it only to restart after the Win10 updates.

I decided to try to recreate krysn95's situation.  I set up Google speech recognition using the TTS plugin in Hungarian.  I created a simple Hungarian command set in VC with 3 commands.
- szia
- viszontlátásra
- mennyi az idő

All three commands do the same thing, they pause for 1/2 second, then they read out one of the three commands (randomly) using the GTTS plugin.

My microphone is next to the computer speaker so when the GTTS speaks the command Google speech recognizes it and triggers the commands again and it loops forever.

I wanted to see how long it would go before it crashed...

Well I got bored after a while.  It never crashed.

So maybe you do just need a better computer.  I'm not saying 100% that a better computer will fix your issues, but maybe it will.

This is not a perfect test because my commands are not doing anything complicated but it does test the TCP/GGspeech system at least.

I let it loop for almost 200 commands.  I could try to run  a longer test later when I am not using my computer for other things.

I'm using a fast computer with 16GB of RAM, we have good internet service here, and my computer is connected with Ethernet, not WiFi.  I don't think you need 16GB of RAM.  4GB is probably enough, although I would never try to run Windows with less than 8GB, personally, unless I had no choice.

Here is the video showing my test:

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2020, 01:37:56 PM »
You might notice that I'm using version 2.3.0.8.

This version is now available on the downloads page in case you want to try it.

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
Men, you are a heroe! Thanks for your time and for the test.

The version 2.3.0.8. include the new
TCP.dll and Actions XML (TCP.GS.GetLastIP) and the INDEX.html (automatically attempt to reconnect after hearing a voice command)

VERA Edge connection issue

If you type 192.168.88.34 into the address bar on your web browser, does it show the Vera page?
No. Now If Im choosing the Vera dashboard/settings/net&wifi/Manually configure
show this

What network connection type do you have?

DHCP
IP address:   
192.168.88.35 If im typed this into the browser address bar, it does not show the Vera page
Subnet mask:   
Gateway:   
DNS   
192.168.88.1 192.168.0.1

What is the IP address of the computer running VoxCommando?

I don't know if it is the cause of the problem but I highly recommend you connect your Edge using an ethernet cable instead of WiFi.
Im made a reset so now the whole configuration is factory deafult, and the device connectiong throug the enthernet cable but the situation is the same.
The Vera dahboard url is this
https://vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com/www/1.7.4969-en/?PK_Device=45101221&lang_code=en&ReturnUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly9ob21lLmdldHZlcmEuY29tL3VzZXJzL2xvZ291dA%3D%3D#dashboard

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2020, 06:18:45 PM »
If you can't access the Edge using that IP address in a browser then it means that the Vera is not available at that IP address so of course VoxCommando is not going to be able to connect to it.

You should turn WiFi off completely in the Vera settings if you have connected your Vera using an ethernet cable.

What I don't understand is, where did you get this address:
https://vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com/www/1.7.4969-en/?PK_Device=45101221&lang_code=en&ReturnUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly9ob21lLmdldHZlcmEuY29tL3VzZXJzL2xvZ291dA%3D%3D#dashboard

Just to be sure.  Do you also have a router in your home and are both your computer, and the Vera Edge connected to the router?  If not, please explain your whole network setup, and how everything is connected.

192.168.88.35 is a bit of a strange IP address.  Normally with most routers that I have seen, the IP addresses all start with either
192.169.0. or 192.168.1.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2020, 04:13:11 AM »

what surprises me a bit is that you have entered two different IP addresses for your Vera in your postings (192.168.88.34 and 192.168.88.35)
It looks like your router reassigns the IP for the Vera Edge every time. You should always reserve an IP for the Vera in your router settings.

Just out of curiosity - could you try this link and say what you see? - I guess the Vera login page

https://home.getvera.com/advanced/controller/45101221

@James The link contains the device number and seems to be for access from outside the home network (old remote access address) - but could also fool me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:34:29 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »
After the full reset (again) firstly the IP is working but than, the 2nd login is already use zhis URL

This url open the controller advanced setting option
https://home.getvera.com/advanced/controller/45101221

Im already wrote to the customer service also, because I cant find the solution.
When Im connecting to the Vera Edge controller it says: Connecting through relay... insted of the local network

my network setup came from a simple router what im using together with my neighborhood.
He's got a complete setup and he made a seperate WLAN what is extended in my apartaman with a range extender.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:08:50 PM by krysn95 »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
The relay URL which you show us, is the remote access address for your Vera and you have to login. If you have local access, a login is not required.
Maybe you have a chance to test the Vera IP with your neighbor computer and see if you have then access to the Vera UI.

my network setup came from a simple router what im using together with my neighborhood.
He's got a complete setup and he made a seperate WLAN what is extended in my apartaman with a range extender.

When you say the first access has worked and a second attempt doesn't work - then the router may have reassigned the IP and the old one is invalid. You need a reserved IP for the vera - and you have to set this on your neighbour's router.

You can try a other IP in the browser to see if it has changed 192.168.88. (2-254) is possible  ::)

I think this is the problem
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:36:29 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2020, 07:31:42 PM »
I think we have a real language problem.

I don't think you have set up your Vera and your network correctly but I really don't understand most of what you are saying.

Maybe you need to work with someone who knows networking and Vera and who also speaks your language.

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2020, 06:06:58 AM »
Okay, thanks guys...yes I agree, it is not really vc challenge.
I will solve somehow.:)

(I know that my english is terrible but I try to do my best..thanks for the patience)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2020, 08:03:35 AM »
As far as I understand it, you use an extended guest WiFi access of your neighbour. These guest networks are usually limited, so I assume that you don't have your own local network.
If that is the case, your neighbor has the control over your data.  :o

An own router would be the best solution here.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »
This is what I mean about language.

He never actually said he was using his neighbor's router or a guest network.

He used the words "my neighborhood", but he might have meant "network neighborhood" which is a term used in Windows.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2020, 08:18:39 AM »
Krysn95: draw us a picture of your network topology to show how things are connected.

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
Guys Im solved it finally!
The Vera has some kind of security option in a submenu and
because of this, the direct IP connection was not possible, but know everything working!
Now I just need to setup the configuration.

I cant wait also to arrive the Beam:)

When the whole system setup will be ready, I will make a video to show you the results of your efforts:D