Author Topic: Big Font Help screen for tv's - with work-around for now, so not a huge issue.  (Read 1311 times)

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Based on the specific thing you ask for.

For example, in XBMC, you say "Help TV commands"

Then in very large font, TV Commands would show up.

In the meantime, here's a nice work-around I just found.

Open up your browser on the HTPC (google chrome, in my case).

Generate the help menu off of voxcommando - this will open in your browser of your choice.  Use cntrl-+ to make the font larger, and then maximize the screen.

Close out the browser - the next time that it launches, it will launch the way that you set it. 

You can use "Page up" "page down" to quickly scroll up and down in the browser.....

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
Thanks for tip... ;D
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Based on the specific thing you ask for.

For example, in XBMC, you say "Help TV commands"

Then in very large font, TV Commands would show up.

There is an action for doing this :).  It is:

Help.ShowByName*

for the parameter you enter the group name.  It will use wildcard matching so if you use xbmc as the parameter then all your groups with xbmc in the name will show up.  You could combine this with a payload list rather than creating a whole bunch of commands.

Using zoom is a perfectly acceptable method, and I have eve found (in chrome) that using zoom-out before printing allows you to fit more commands to the page, but you can also adjust the file  "..\Resources\help.css" to customize fonts and colours, padding etc. to your liking.  There is not currently an option to use two different css files that you can switch between, but if there is a demand I could make something.