Author Topic: Vox activation with generic remote  (Read 2778 times)

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Vox activation with generic remote
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:29:08 AM »
I was trying to find this info in search, no luck. The feature is simple, I would like to be able to activate "VC.Standby" and "VC.On" with generic remote/MCE remote. Is there any way to send VC.On/Off/Standby command to VC from external program? I could then map specific button on remote to activate/deactivate VC states.
Did I miss this funcionality, was this already described?

Jaqb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Vox activation with generic remote
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »
Yes, I believe the info is here somewhere.  Do you already use a program like eventGhost or intelliremote?

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
Soft from remote manufacturer is useless, intelliremote is paid app, my budget for now is closed ;-) Can eventghost send commands over udp, like tellvox?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
Yes!  EventGhost can do everything!  When I started VC 1.5 years ago, it was very simple and only worked with EventGhost.

Pretty much everything you need is here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=356.0
but you will also need to install the plugin for mce remote http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1789

If you have problems setting up eventGhost to turn VC on and off, please post to the topic above.

I also have a command-line udp sender that I wrote.  It's around here somewhere if your remote software can run .exe files with parameters.
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2366

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 05:48:51 AM »
Thanks James, I found your tool in EG forum by myself :-) It seems that my IR receiver is using MCE drivers, but EG is not working with it. So I was pushed to use software that came with remote. Thanks to your udpsender I managed to do what I wanted (almost). Remote software is minimizing XBMC while executing exe (there is no option to run exe silently, like in EG). I'm using now option in video section "use maximize rather than true fullscreen" but GUI is bit slower that way.
Thanks for help,

J.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »
the standard plugin that currently ships with eventGhost does not properly support mce remote on windows7 / vista

you need to use this one:
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1789

it's really easy you just have to put the folder "MceRemote_Vista" that is in the zip in your ...\eventGhost\plugins folder and then restart eventGhost.  Then click add plugin and it will be there next to the old one.

I am hoping to get this version of the plugin added as a standard plugin included with the eventGhost install.

here's a direct link to the correct plugin:
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/download/file.php?id=794
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:24:12 AM by jitterjames »

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »
Oh my... I found this plugin before, but I assumed, that this one is already included in Eventghost... My mistake. Will try this today. I'm really looking forward to be able to switch "Lucy" on and off with remote ;-). "She" understands all my commands properly, but refuses to recognize "Start listening" ;-)

Again, thanks.
J.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:09:30 AM by jakubj »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:06 AM »
sometimes "they" only hear what they want to hear.  Of course if she is off (red) she isn't listening at all.  If start listening isn't working you should change the phrase to something else.  Try "Heeeeeeeyyyyyy   Luuuuuuuuccccyyyyyy" !!

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:03:49 AM »
LOL, I changed phrase to "Hey Lucy..." Now I have another problem. My Wife is looking at my pc as competition  ;D ;D ;D

J.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
LOL, I changed phrase to "Hey Lucy..." Now I have another problem. My Wife is looking at my pc as competition  ;D ;D ;D

J.

Haha I call mine Anna :p
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
I better not call mine Athena   :-X