Author Topic: Tell us what you think - Android Survey  (Read 3446 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Tell us what you think - Android Survey
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
If you are interested in the possibility of an App for Android that works like, or works with VoxCommando please take a minute to fill out this survey:

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/jitterjames/voxcommando-android/

If you have any questions or ideas please feel free to post them here.

Thanks.  ;D

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us what you think - Android Survey
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
Great James, very thanks.
I think if was possible to send the audio directly for VoxCommand using virtual audio will be better, but i cant wait to test this with my several androids.
Clayton

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »
Great idea! In my opinion the final frontier of ultimate voice control at home.

I've been trying some of my most used VC commands on the voice search option of my android. While the results are pretty good (+/-50% of the commands recognised), I'd rather see the audio being sent to VC on the PC. Unless you would be able to find a way synchronise payloads between the VC PC program and the android app.

Some nice features I would love in the app:

Optional in settings: tilting the device 90° over the Y-axis activates/disables the microphone. Laying the device on a flat surface would disable the mic, holding it 90° upwards (facing me) would enable the mic. Ideally this could be calibrated in the settings (like in the screeble app).
    Optional in settings: shaking your phone (e.g. 3x up/down) toggles the microphone
    Optional in settings: pressing (holding) a hardware button toggles the connection.
    Battery saving option in settings: automatically turn of the mic when the screen is off
    Creating a Tasker app plugin, so you don't have code the 4 server features listed above yourself (the plugin would only require a mic toggle action. Tasker already has the 4 triggers written above).
    Touching the mic icon activates/disables the connection.
    Option in settings: play a sound when mic is activated/disabled
    Option in settings: automatically activate BT/Wifi on startup and deactivating them when the app shuts down
    Ability to choose connection type on the WO mic app main page instead of in the settings menu
    Battery saving option in settings: automatically terminate the connection after x amount of seconds (ideally, but I suspect a lot harder to code, if the server doesn't hear the user speak for xx amount of seconds)

Hope a few of my suggestions make it to the app ^^. Keep up the great work James!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:02:52 PM by painy »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »
I'll pay careful attention to your suggestions if I ever get to the point where I can actually send audio.  That day is still a long way off.

In the meantime, we can trigger the google recognizer to listen with a button, (or perhaps by tilting the phone in beta 2)

I agree, the results returned by google are often completely wrong for use with tellvox.  I'm trying to figure out a way to make this work semi-reliably.

The whole audio over wifi thing is probably going to be over my head unless I can get some help from someone with more experience in that kind of thing on Android.  All I really need to be able to do is to save a .wav file in a folder that VC can monitor.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
   Ability to choose connection type on the WO mic app main page instead of in the settings menu
hunh?

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:01 PM »
Please ignore that line, that shouldn't have been there :p.

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
Hi James!

I'm currently helping a guy with some beta testing of an event ghost android remote called terRemote. It's a nice little app that is turning out quite functional and handy.
If you want, I can ask him if he can help you if you are stuck. Don't know if he has any knowlege around that field, but it won't hurt to ask either..
Maybe you guys even can make som form of integration of some sort..?

-Christian-
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
ok, cool :)
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb