Author Topic: Voxwav 2.2.1  (Read 10951 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Voxwav 2.2.1
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
Yes, it was firewall thing, but please help me with that because I'm a vista user and have no idea how to enable this ports on win 7 where is my voxcommando machine..
mmh, ok - normaly win7 shows "a programm will using blablabla..." an you can click always but ok.

go to windows 7 firewall - and click  advanced settings

[attachment=1]

next step

[attachment=2]

next step

[attachment=3]

next step

[attachment=4]

see next post
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
[attachment=1]

I hope it helps

If it works let us know, so I can delete the pics

Somtimes it helps you make a right click on VoxCommando.exe -> go to properties -> compatibility -> run as administrator

[attachment=2]

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:36:18 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
I don't know about German but I think the easiest way is to click the windows start button and type "allow" then choose "allow a program through windows firewall"

Then put checkmarks next to all the entries for "voxcommando" (one for each installation folder, I happen to have many).

Normally you need to put checks only in the "private" column, but if your network is incorrectly marked as public then you need to put them in the "public" column.

I have never needed to do anything more complicated such as settings a particular port etc.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
I don't know about German but I think the easiest way is to click the windows start button and type "allow" then choose "allow a program through windows firewall"

Then put checkmarks next to all the entries for "voxcommando".  Normally only in the "private" column, but if your networks is incorrectly marked as public then you need to put them in the "public" column.

I have never needed to do anything more complicated such as settings a particular port etc.
I think to run as admin solved it

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
I don't really know if I understand what you mean, but you should not need to run VC as admin unless you install it in a protected folder, such as "program files".  I don't think this has anything to do with firewall though.

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
On Your demo movie I've seen that the app is talking back with TTS, my app is not talking to me, why ? ( i have TTS in some commands - when I'm changing channel VC is talking what is the channel right now, but voxwav is not talking )...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
There are 3 buttons on the VoxWav main screen.  One is for TTS.  Is should be turned ON.

Also, do you have an English TTS engine installed on your Android?