Author Topic: Voxwav 2.2.1  (Read 10952 times)

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Voxwav 2.2.1
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
James. I've found 2 'bugs' after playing with voxwav for some time.
- Hard thumps on my phone (like tapping it hard) or sudden very quick movements (e.g. sideways, not necessarily tilting the device 90 degrees around the x-axis like one normally does to activate the mic) activates the microphone a couple of seconds. The mic automatically deactivates without me moving my phone or pressing any buttons. Phone: galaxy S2, cyanogenmod 10 (jelly bean).
- voxcommando regularly crashes when using voxwav. Windows shows a VC error message (but VC keeps working if I ignore the warning every-time i think). I'm not sure what triggers the crash. I'll keep you updated!

Any other users who experience this behaviour?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voxwav 2.2.1
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
James. I've found 2 'bugs' after playing with voxwav for some time.
- Hard thumps on my phone (like tapping it hard) or sudden very quick movements (e.g. sideways, not necessarily tilting the device 90 degrees around the x-axis like one normally does to activate the mic) activates the microphone a couple of seconds. The mic automatically deactivates without me moving my phone or pressing any buttons. Phone: galaxy S2, cyanogenmod 10 (jelly bean).
Hi Painy,  Thanks for the update.  I've got some questions though.

For the first thing, I'm not too clear on why you consider this a bug.  The accelerometer is reacting to an extreme acceleration when you bump it.  If it is gracefully turning itself off again I'd say this is the best behaviour one could hope for. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.

For the second thing, if VC continues to work then crash is not the word I would use. I guess VC is actually throwing an error message?  If so please tell me what the error message says, if anything.  If you are able to make a connection between something specific happening in VoxWav that might be happening at the same time as, or just before this error please let me know.

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:49:24 AM »
Hi, any chance for iOS app ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »
No. No chance.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:24:39 AM »
I too experienced the "second thing" that painy reported above. There is no error message from VC, but Windows reports that "This application has stopped. Do you want to close it?" or something to that effect. I'm afraid I haven't observed any pattern to this behavior. One difference I noted from painy is that, for me, VC also stops responding when this happens. I need to do a full restart of VC to recover from this condition. So maybe it is not exactly the same issue I am facing. I'd be glad to test anything specific and report. Do let me know.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »
My error message is Voxcommando has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution is available. The only button says close program. If i ignore the warning, the program continues to work (the voice commands, i can no longer use the VC program interface)

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »
My error message is Voxcommando has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution is available. The only button says close program. If i ignore the warning, the program continues to work (the voice commands, i can no longer use the VC program interface)
Does anything strange appear in the system tab window of vc ?
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »
No, I'm sure it comes from the android device (jelly bean). It seems like the wav file is not written in the windows temp folder only the tmp file.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »
What is that xtermin8r ?  Do you mean the history tab of the main window in VC?

Is this error only happening when using the evil "jellybean" OS?

Please send me some VC logs when you get a chance.  I have no idea what this could be.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »
What is that xtermin8r ?  Do you mean the history tab of the main window in VC?

Is this error only happening when using the evil "jellybean" OS?

Please send me some VC logs when you get a chance.  I have no idea what this could be.
Yes it looks like the jelly bean is the problem. I used the same VW and VC with Ice cream and has no problems.
What I can say is: VW send a file to the temp folder in Windows and it has only a tmp extention and not a wav.
Is it possible the JB send a wrong audio format?

Kalle

update: I have no JellyBean - it is the last IceCream update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 it looks like Samsung ahs touch the audio-quality problem and the mic gain is much higher.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:24:49 AM by Kalle »

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
Yes it looks like the jelly bean is the problem. I used the same VW and VC with Ice cream and has no problems.
What I can say is: VW send a file to the temp folder in Windows and it has only a tmp extention and not a wav.
Is it possible the JB send a wrong audio format?

Kalle

I can also confirm that it's happening with my Jelly Bean device.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »
I can also confirm that it's happening with my Jelly Bean device.
@bodiroga

Can you try a test with VoxWav?

please whisper a command to VoxWav and let us know if VC understand the command (I mean really whisper)

Thanks
Kalle

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »
@bodiroga

Can you try a test with VoxWav?

please whisper a command to VoxWav and let us know if VC understand the command (I mean really whisper)

Thanks
Kalle

WTF!!!!  :o :o :o :o

If I whisper or shout to VoxWav (I'm using the free version now but I will buy the pro version when this problem is fixes ;)) then VoxCommand crashed automatically.

Does this only happen with Jelly Bean? My Galaxy Nexus, SII and Nexus 7 all have JB installed so I can't test with ICS or GB...

Best regards,

Aitor

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »
WTF!!!!  :o :o :o :o

If I whisper or shout to VoxWav (I'm using the free version now but I will buy the pro version when this problem is fixes ;)) then VoxCommand crashed automatically.

Does this only happen with Jelly Bean? My Galaxy Nexus, SII and Nexus 7 all have JB installed so I can't test with ICS or GB...

Best regards,

Aitor
To fix the problem with JellyBean - go to TCPplugin settings in VoxCommando and set the TCP volume to 25% and set a checkmark on "show most rescent wav" and test it (don't forget to click on "save option" after change a setting). You can try different volume settings, but for me is 25% the best.

[attachment=1]

Let us know if this solve the problem.

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:24:02 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
Hi Everyone.

Version 2.3 of VoxWav should be available on Google Play now.

Please update your tcpMic plugin with this .dll file (see attached).

If you experience crashing still please let me know.

If you experience poor recognition please go into VoxWav settings and select "Mic Source", then try "MIC" or "VOICE_RECOGNITION".

You can try others but one of these two will usually work best, depending on the phone, and some others won't work at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:54:56 AM by nime5ter »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
Now in the the TcpMic plugin you can also view the waveform and adjust the volume if it is still too loud.  The image with red on it is actually much too loud, the other one, although it looks too quiet, worked perfectly.

Of course the right settings will depend on a few factors including your phone, your voice, the length of your arms, the volume that your speech profile is used to (what level it was trained with) etc.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »
Thanks to Kalle for all his hard work and patience, testing and sending me logs and sample wav files, and testing with every possible combination of settings, standing on one leg, upside down, holding his breath with eyes closed, a pickle in each ear etc.  ::bow

I am very hopeful that the crashing issue will now be resolved.  Please let us know.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
Thanks to Kalle for all his hard work and patience, testing and sending me logs and sample wav files, and testing with every possible combination of settings, standing on one leg, upside down, holding his breath with eyes closed, a pickle in each ear etc.  ::bow

I am very hopeful that the crashing issue will now be resolved.  Please let us know.
you make me embarrassed, good Teamwork  :clap :hugs

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
I guess since no one has anything to say, that must mean that it works perfectly.

Glad to hear it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:21:43 PM by jitterjames »

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
Just updated the .dll, testing now :)

..standing on one leg, upside down, holding his breath with eyes closed, a pickle in each ear etc.

Pics or it didn't happen  :P

Gj Kalle!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »
Just updated the .dll, testing now :)

Pics or it didn't happen  :P

Gj Kalle!
Haha - here is it: http://extratip.de/files/2011/12/ex083469_flicflac.jpg

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
Dammit Painy,

You know I can't resist that sort of thing!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »
Dammit Painy,

You know I can't resist that sort of thing!
:biglaugh :clap

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
Hi there,

I've installed the latest VC and turned on the TCPMic plugin and configure the VOXWAV app but have a problem to establish connection to the host

the Event&&AVMic On is working but android tab can't establish connection on the port 33339 ( about what I have forgot :) )

thank You

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
Hi there,

I've installed the latest VC and turned on the TCPMic plugin and configure the VOXWAV app but have a problem to establish connection to the host

the Event&&AVMic On is working but android tab can't establish connection on the port 33339 ( about what I have forgot :) )

thank You
Hi LOCOSP, I hope you mean as latest VC0967  ;)
Ok, do you have type the correct Host-IP in VoxWav TCP settings? This is the IP-address of PC on that VoxCommando run.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:14:17 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Hi LOCOSP

Please tell us what version of VoxWav you are using and what version of VoxCommando.

thanks.

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
VC ver. 967 and voxwav  ver. 2.3

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
it should work.

1 - After enabling the plugin you must restart VoxCommando

2 - You must enter the correct IP address in VoxWav Pro settings. (you can also try "send hello message" under the "HOSTS" menu.  If VC is running it should reply with one or more IP addresses.

3 - Check that your firewall is not blocking you.  The easiest way to check is to disable the firewall completely, and if that works then you can re-enable it and make an exception for VoxCommando.

4 - The default port (33339) should work fine.  The listen port in the TcpMic plugin should match the port under "TCP SETTINGS" in VoxWav pro settings
If you get an error message, please tell us exactly what it says.

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
Yes, it was firewall thing, but please help me with that because I'm a vista user and have no idea how to enable this ports on win 7 where is my voxcommando machine..

OK :D i did it ;) it is working, James U R a genius :D great apps both of them :) i specialy bought the android tablet ( was cheeper then amulet remote or good quality microphone :) )

Thank U
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:35:38 PM by LOCOSP »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
normally if your firewall is active when you run VoxCommando you will be asked if you want to make an exception and that is all you need to do.

One possibility is that you have marked your network as "public" instead of "private".  "Work" and "Home" are considered private networks.

If you install VoxCommando in different folder, or move it to a new folder you will need a new exception, but usually you should be prompted to create one the first time you run it from that location.  At this point you can choose to create exceptions for "private" or "public" networks.  If your homenetwork is set as public, then you must make sure you create an exception for public.

If this is not working then you can create an exception manually.

There are many many site explaining how to do this. You just need to google for one minute and you will find many guides on how to create an exception.

There is not a huge difference between Vista and Windows 7.

Here's one guide: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-create-exceptions-allow-programs-and-ports-in-windows-vista-firewall/

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
Yes, it was firewall thing, but please help me with that because I'm a vista user and have no idea how to enable this ports on win 7 where is my voxcommando machine..
mmh, ok - normaly win7 shows "a programm will using blablabla..." an you can click always but ok.

go to windows 7 firewall - and click  advanced settings

[attachment=1]

next step

[attachment=2]

next step

[attachment=3]

next step

[attachment=4]

see next post

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
[attachment=1]

I hope it helps

If it works let us know, so I can delete the pics

Somtimes it helps you make a right click on VoxCommando.exe -> go to properties -> compatibility -> run as administrator

[attachment=2]

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:36:18 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
I don't know about German but I think the easiest way is to click the windows start button and type "allow" then choose "allow a program through windows firewall"

Then put checkmarks next to all the entries for "voxcommando" (one for each installation folder, I happen to have many).

Normally you need to put checks only in the "private" column, but if your network is incorrectly marked as public then you need to put them in the "public" column.

I have never needed to do anything more complicated such as settings a particular port etc.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
I don't know about German but I think the easiest way is to click the windows start button and type "allow" then choose "allow a program through windows firewall"

Then put checkmarks next to all the entries for "voxcommando".  Normally only in the "private" column, but if your networks is incorrectly marked as public then you need to put them in the "public" column.

I have never needed to do anything more complicated such as settings a particular port etc.
I think to run as admin solved it

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
I don't really know if I understand what you mean, but you should not need to run VC as admin unless you install it in a protected folder, such as "program files".  I don't think this has anything to do with firewall though.

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
On Your demo movie I've seen that the app is talking back with TTS, my app is not talking to me, why ? ( i have TTS in some commands - when I'm changing channel VC is talking what is the channel right now, but voxwav is not talking )...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
There are 3 buttons on the VoxWav main screen.  One is for TTS.  Is should be turned ON.

Also, do you have an English TTS engine installed on your Android?