Author Topic: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store  (Read 16041 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store
« on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jitterjames

VoxWav is available in a "Pro" version which is about $5.00 Canadian but there is also a "Free" version which has advertising and some feature limitations.

More information on setup, as well as a comparison between VoxWav Pro and voxWav Free can be found at the VoxWav Wiki found here:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:59:01 PM by nime5ter »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
Does the pro version on Google Play currently have more features than the VW 1.6 that you've attached at http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=887.0

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:16 AM »
Does the pro version on Google Play currently have more features than the VW 1.6 that you've attached at http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=887.0

Hi ajith, I think it is the same (you are one of the betatester)  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »
Hi ajith, I think it is the same (you are one of the betatester)  ;)

Okay  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »
It's currently the same version.  The next version will be new and after that hopefully you'll be able to use auto-updates.

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
I'm trying to get the voxwav microphone android app to work on my Nexus 7. I read all the posts and tried them all to no avail, still Network error message.
Can't find a simple direction on how to get this going. This is my last gasp before I give up. Seems like it sure is difficult to get a grip on this especially with no guide. So if someone would be so kind as to help with some simple easy to follow directions I would be appreciated. Thanks!

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
Hi RVB

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately James (creator of VoxWav) is not here at the moment.
I'm 100% sure, as soon as he sees your post he will respond.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »
I'm trying to get the voxwav microphone android app to work on my Nexus 7. I read all the posts and tried them all to no avail, still Network error message.
Can't find a simple direction on how to get this going. This is my last gasp before I give up. Seems like it sure is difficult to get a grip on this especially with no guide. So if someone would be so kind as to help with some simple easy to follow directions I would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi RVB, welcome to the forum.  :)

The VoxWav app is still very new and largely under development.  Hopefully one day I will be able to devise a method that is a bit more foolproof.  We have not put together a comprehensive guide yet.  There is no "simple" explanation because it is not simple to set up, especially if you do not have much network experience.  Kalle has done a pretty good guide though and I suggest you try that:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=873.msg7172#msg7172

If that doesn't work you need to give us more information, so we can help you.

- What version of VoxWave are you using?
- What version of VoxCommando ?  (ok not really relevant as this point but it's always best to include this info just in case)
- What exactly is the network error that you are getting?  There are different messages you can get that will give us a clue as to the problem.
-  If you access your network share from another computer on the network, what is the full path as seen in the address bar?  for example it will be something like this...

\\bigpc\myshare\mywavfolder

- If you access this folder from another computer on the network, using the same user account that you are using with VoxWav, can you create files and folders within the share?  It is important to verify that you have write access to the folder.

Are you sharing this folder using an account with a password, or creating a share for "everyone"?

What network settings did you enter into the VoxWav samba configuration for:

Host:
path:
Username:
Password:

Obviously you don't need to tell us your password, but we need to know if you are using one.  If you are not 100% of the IP address of the host you can enter the name of the host, or you can use ping to get the IP.  From the command line in windows type ping myhostname and it will come back with the ip address.

Please provide as much information as possible or we won't be able to offer you any useful advise.  Answer all these questions and anything else you think might be relevant.

Sorry it is not easier to set up at this point, but we have to start somewhere.  It is actually pretty simple to set up if you "know what you are doing", but I guess that is true of most things.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:55:35 AM by jitterjames »

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
Ok, this is another great news.
Thanks James.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 02:54:15 AM »
James,

I bought VoxWax Pro  ;D

Here's how the Phrases screen looks in my Galaxy S2:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By_tFQrgDNf9TS1DX21HMXZad2M

It is working great. A few suggestions, though, if implemented, would be nice -

1. Reduce the text size in the Groups panel so that at least some group names don't wrap, making it appear on a single line. Presently, even the smallest of words are getting wrapped (eg., "XBMC")
2. Make multiple groups selectable simultaneously, i.e., change the Radio buttons against the Groups to Check-boxes (this would of course mean that the results should be the summation of Phrases from all selected Groups).
3. Move the check-boxes against the phrases to the right of the phrase-button.
4. On the main screen of VW, let the last 5 or 10 recognised commands be shown, instead of just one as is being done now. This should be like a regular history list (in chronological order). That way, one need not switch to the Phrases window and search for a recently used command.

So what do you think?

-Ajith

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:39:47 AM by ajith »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
 Thanks Ajith,  :)   :)

1. Reduce the text size in the Groups panel so that at least some group names don't wrap, making it appear on a single line. Presently, even the smallest of words are getting wrapped (eg., "XBMC")
2. Make multiple groups selectable simultaneously, i.e., change the Radio buttons against the Groups to Check-boxes (this would of course mean that the results should be the summation of Phrases from all selected Groups).
3. Move the check-boxes against the phrases to the right of the phrase-button.
4. On the main screen of VW, let the last 5 or 10 recognised commands be shown, instead of just one as is being done now. This should be like a regular history list (in chronological order). That way, one need not switch to the Phrases window and search for a recently used command.

1 - OK
2 - OK working on it
3 - Why?
4 - Good idea. Still thinking about this and other related options

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »
>> 1 - OK
>> 2 - OK working on it
>> 4 - Good idea. Still thinking about this and other related options

>> 3. Why?

For consistency. To make all check-boxes appear on the right of their corresponding text.
Also, if/when you change the Group-selection Radio-buttons to Check-boxes, then the Phrase-selection check-boxes will be in close proximity to the Group-check-boxes, all of them bunched up together.

This isn't very important though. I just made a note from a user-experience perspective.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »
OK thanks.  I'm moving the boxes on the groups to the left.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »
That is fine too :)

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome.
Let me give you some nfo on how to help me.
Using ver .956
Free ver of android app
My biggest problem and may be the only one is the user name and password, what is it asking for?
Set up a folder for wavwatcherfolder.
My ip address is for the computer, right ie. 192.168.0.3
I set the path as C:\\voxcommando\wavwatchfolder, as is the setting in the options in VC
Now message says Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Sounds like the network is set right but I don't know of any user name or password.
Is it the user of the computer?
Still don't know what password is being asked for though.
Guess I'll leave it there and see what you come up with.
Thanks!