Author Topic: VoxWav 1.4  (Read 10053 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxWav 1.4
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
1.4 attached.  More info tomorrow...

note: volume buttons are shown in options, but don't work yet, sorry.

Edit: attachment removed, get the app on the Google Play Store:
Android app on Google Play
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:59:54 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav 1.4
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:45 AM »
If you want to use the tilt feature with the screen off, you may be able to depending on your device.  On my tablet with 4.0.3 it works and it uses very little battery.

Go into settings / application settings and enable "keep alive when screen off".  On the main screen enable "tilt" and "Bkg Exec".

The app must be in focus. Turn the screen off and it should continue to work using tilt. On my tab I also need to set wifi to "Always on" in android device settings.

Please report if it works for you or not, and what device you have.

On my wife's phone with 2.2 it does not work at all.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
On "Galaxy S2" it works (android 4.03)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
On "Galaxy S2" it works (android 4.03)

I confirm. Everything works on my Galaxy S2 as well (running Android 4.1.1 'Resurrection Remix JB 3.0.1' ).

Also tested on my wife's Google Nexus One (running Cyanogenmod 7). Everything worked there too :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
Cool...

So, does anyone want to offer any observations on the use of the app when the screen is off?  Does it use noticeably more battery than when the app is not running, and your screen is off?  Does it continue to work, even if you leave your Android idle for a long period of time (for example: about 1 hour) - can you just pick it up, tilt it, and give the command and it works?

This is pretty exciting.  The ultimate wifi microphone!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
Cool...

So, does anyone want to offer any observations on the use of the app when the screen is off?  Does it use noticeably more battery than when the app is not running, and your screen is off?  Does it continue to work, even if you leave your Android idle for a long period of time (for example: about 1 hour) - can you just pick it up, tilt it, and give the command and it works?

This is pretty exciting.  The ultimate wifi microphone!
Yep, it works after a 1 hourwith screen off  :)
Use 2-3% battery after a hour  :clap

And yes, it is a ULTIMATE WiFi-Mic   ::bow

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
Yep, it works after a 1 hourwith screen off  :)
Use 2-3% battery after a hour  :clap

Thanks Kalle.  2-3% is pretty good.  For the purpose of comparison, what kind of battery use would you see after one hour when VoxWav was not running?

On my tablet I use up about 1%-2% per hour whether VoxWav is running or not.  I'm sure there is a difference but it is small.  Note that I've only done a single 1 hour test.  I need to do more testing.  I will probably try it overnight soon.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
Thanks Kalle.  2-3% is pretty good.  For the purpose of comparison, what kind of battery use would you see after one hour when VoxWav was not running?

On my tablet I use up about 1%-2% per hour whether VoxWav is running or not.  I'm sure there is a difference but it is small.  Note that I've only done a single 1 hour test.  I need to do more testing.  I will probably try it overnight soon.
VoxWav 1.4 battery consumption test with "Samsung Galaxy S2"

WiFi always on, no special tasks in background:

1.  Galaxy S2 (Android 4.03) with running VoxWav after 7 hours = 16% battery consumption.

2.  Galaxy S2 (Android 4.03) without running VoxWav after 7 hours = 5 % battery consumption.

Conclusion for my Galaxy S2 configuration: VoxWav 1.4 is a perfect WiFi-Mic and the average battery consumption increases by 1.5% per hour - this is a very good value.

Kalle
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:09:22 AM by Kalle »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »
James,

In VC, if the confidence level falls just short of the required value, the command appears in orange at the top of VC. This also appears as a green text label in VW. Could you make it orange also in VW (if confidence is low), and, more importantly, make it tappable, to confirm that command? It will be very useful, as, many a time I find the command is recognized correctly, only to fall a little short in confidence level. VW showing it in green, yet VC not executing it, is all the more frustrating  :bonk

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
Yes of course.  All in good time my friend :)

I also plan to add popup yes/no buttons for commands that require confirmation.  And maybe also a clickable list when there are alternates.

edit: all of these things will require changes to both VC and VW and introduce new complications in terms of potentially needing to add new user preferences.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »
Understood :)

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi,

I have a problem using VoxWav 1.4.

I only can use VoxWav 2 or 3 times, the last command will be processed only after ca. 15 seconds.

During this time VoxCommando (0960b) hangs (has no respond, the Historie is empty) and the green command in VoxWav does not appear if VoxCommando is OK again, after that the command is executed, however, when he was recognized correctly.

After that I can use VoxWav 2 or 3 times again and same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
Hi,

I have a problem using VoxWav 1.4.

I only can use VoxWav 2 or 3 times, the last command will be processed only after ca. 15 seconds.

During this time VoxCommando (0960b) hangs (has no respond, the Historie is empty) and the green command in VoxWav does not appear if VoxCommando is OK again, after that the command is executed, however, when he was recognized correctly.

After that I can use VoxWav 2 or 3 times again and same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Siutsch.
Hi Marc, kontrolliere mal dein "wavwatch" Ordner, ob dort nicht noch alte ungelöschte Dateien sind - falls ja - lösche diese per Hand und versuch es nochmal. Du kannst den "wavwatch" Ordner ruhig im Fordergrund behalten und mal beobachten was dort passiert.

Gruß Kalle

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
Hi Kalle,

sind keine alten Dateien mehr drin.

Und den Ordner hab ich während der Tests nat. im Auge behalten.

Das ganze klappt immer wenige Male normal und dann hängt VoxCommando kurz (Keine Rückmeldung oben in der Leiste).

Nach einigen Sekunden geht's dann aber weiter, die Wav-Datei wird verarbeitet, die grüne Rückmeldung kommt in VoxWav an
und die Wav-Datei ist verschwunden.

Der PC hat während dieser Zeit nix großartiges zu tun, der TaskManager zeigt auch nichts auffälliges an.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »
Hi Kalle,

sind keine alten Dateien mehr drin.

Und den Ordner hab ich während der Tests nat. im Auge behalten.

Das ganze klappt immer wenige Male normal und dann hängt VoxCommando kurz (Keine Rückmeldung oben in der Leiste).

Nach einigen Sekunden geht's dann aber weiter, die Wav-Datei wird verarbeitet, die grüne Rückmeldung kommt in VoxWav an
und die Wav-Datei ist verschwunden.

Der PC hat während dieser Zeit nix großartiges zu tun, der TaskManager zeigt auch nichts auffälliges an.
welche Android Version benutzt Du?