Author Topic: Voxwav pro prefix not working  (Read 5488 times)

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
Voxwav pro prefix not working
« on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
Hello,
I have vox commando 2.1.4.2 and voxwav pro on android
There is a prefix mode for the voxwav that I have set to on but it appears that commands are still processed with or without the prefix I've set on the computer (cannot see any setting for a separate prefix for the voxwav).

Voxwav on the computer is in yellow mode and uses a prefix of "computer"

is there some easy setting I'm missing?  Thanks

Collin

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voxwav pro prefix not working
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »
As indicated on the VoxWav Pro Playstore page, in the introductory youtube video and in the wiki, you need VoxCommando 2.1.4.5 to take advantage of this new feature.

2.1.4.5 is stable, so please update VC to this version.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 02:10:06 AM »
Hi James, should prefix mode still work when not sending over the wifi network and instead sending to the wan public address for vox? I use dyndns.org and can get my commands sent to vox over 3g/4g with it but when I leave the mic open, even if I have prefix mode enabled it ignores it and sends all audio input into vox, should it be doing that or should it still be filtering the input?

Is there anything I can change in vox to make sure prefix mode works when I am sending over 3g/4g mobile network instead of wifi?

Cheers.
Sim
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:54:40 AM »
Did you test using prefix mode with VoxWav when connected to the LAN?

I think it should still work the same way but VoxWav is not designed to be used over WAN and i have no way of testing it.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
Hi James, yes prefix mode works fine when connected to my wifi network, it is just when I send audio over mobile / 3g/4g that prefix mode seems to get ignored and makes vox go crazy when my mic is open.

Could it be to do with the fact the on screen display and TTS don't work over 3g and so what would usually check for prefix mode is disabled?
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »
Prefix mode on VoxWav pro does not rely on UDP like the other stuff does, it gets sent in the preamble to the actual audio PCM data on the TCP socket, so I'm surprised that it does not work normally.  Still if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.  I don't have any way to trouble-shoot it.

You could trying using Tasker/Autovoice instead:

But this relies on Google's "blind" speech to text conversion.  It is better for web searches etc. but not as good for predefined phrasing.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
Ahhh no worries James, I tried tasker out before finding vox wav and not a fan as you say uses the Big Gs search engine that shows loads of different commands with each voice search and if the mic is left open on that it keeps making a beeping sound which gets annoying so you have to disable media sound just to keep the mic open without noise but then can't use anything that requires the mic or media notifications.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 08:07:36 PM »
As an update James I've noticed prefix mode is failing on some android devices when set, at the moment I am testing it on Android Kit Katt 4.4.2 and it is failing, commands issued are getting through without the prefix.

Is there a way to set voxwav pro to always start in voice activation mode, one thing that I noticed is that when vox is off any modes set like tilt or voice hands free mode disconnect requiring them to be selected again by opening the app which may be running in the background.

So if I have my mobile set to open voxwav pro with tasker when my screen is on, I would like it to be pre set to always enter listen mode and not have to select ON. Sometimes wifi connection drops and if I can't set it to listen automatically I have to open the app to select listen ON again.

Cheers in advance for any tips you can give to set voxwav pro to auto start in listen mode for voice commands once opened.
 8)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »
As an update James I've noticed prefix mode is failing on some android devices when set, at the moment I am testing it on Android Kit Katt 4.4.2 and it is failing, commands issued are getting through without the prefix.

I would need much more information than what you have provided to consider this a problem worth investigating.  All my tests have shown that prefix mode works perfectly on VoxWav.

What version numbers of VoxWav and VoxCommando are you running?

Are you connecting to VC with multiple Android devices running VoxWav at the same time?  If so, does only running one at a time make a difference?

Please post a VC log when issuing commands on an Android that has Prefix enabled.

Please let me know if there is any kind of pattern of when it correctly blocks the command and when it does not.  How often does it execute a command without a prefix.  Every time?  Is it only with certain voice commands?

The only bug I can see at the moment is that commands marked as "always on" are blocked and I'm not sure if that makes sense or not.

Powers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 05:12:26 PM »
@jitterjames

I know this thread is a bit old but I have been experiencing the same issue. I have done an extensive testing with my phones. Please see my finding below. I have also included my logs, I started VC fresh, and executed non-prefix then prefix, both worked.

VoxCommando 2.3.1.1b - VC (I ran VoxCommando.exe) Settings changed from default:
5 second time to Standby mode
"jarvis" set as prefix
Plugins installed TCPMic and Vera
Configured Vera and generated XML and map

Tested on the following phones, all with same VWP version, on same wifi. Tested one at a time and all togther with the same results.
OnePlus 2  - Android 6.0.1
OnePlus 3  - Android 9
OnePlus 5  - Android 10
OnePlus 6  - Android 10
OnePlus 8T - Android 11

Initially tested with
VoxWav FREE 2.4 - Phone Settings changed from default:
Manual typed VC IP

Then perform extensive testing with
VoxWavPro 2.8.2 - Phone Settings changed from default:
Assign "Unique device name"
Auto Detected VC IP
"Prefix: Required" Always on during testing
connected to same wifi as VC

Using OnePlus 6

ALWAYS IN STANDBY WHEN TESTING

30 attempts between turn off and on from different distances and directions, only first 3 were recorded per row
OSD Required Confidence         Prefix Confidence            Confidence                Command                           Result
==========================================================================
90                                          40                                 92.5,91.8,94.8          Turn Office Light On                Executed
90                                          40                                 86.8,72.3,88.8          Turn Office Light On                NOT Executed
90                                          40                                 92.1,94.7,93.1          Turn Office Light Off                Executed
90                                          40                                 64.0,82.3,72.3         Turn Office Light Off                NOT Executed
90                                          40                                 90.4,93.8,91.6          Jarvis Turn Office Light On       Executed
90                                          40                                 84.4,86.5,89.1          Jarvis Turn Office Light On       NOT Executed
90                                          40                                 94.5,92.7,90.5          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       Executed
90                                          40                                 57.9,73.5,86.8          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       NOT Executed
30 attempts between turn off and on, only first 3 were recorded per row
90                                          80                                 93.4,93.5,91.4          Turn Office Light On                Executed
90                                          80                                 89.0,81.2,80.8          Turn Office Light On                NOT Executed
90                                          80                                 94.3,94.4,91.8          Turn Office Light Off                Executed
90                                          80                                 84.0,75.3                Turn Office Light Off                NOT Executed
90                                          80                                 92.8,93.7,92.8          Jarvis Turn Office Light On       Executed
90                                          80                                 89.1,86.6                Jarvis Turn Office Light On          NOT Executed
90                                          80                                 92.7,93.1,92.7          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       Executed
90                                          80                                 87.9,83.2,83.9          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       NOT Executed
40                                          80                                 94.4,69.3,76.9          Turn Office Light On                Executed
40                                          80                                 79.6,82.4,64.6          Turn Office Light Off                Executed
40                                          80                                 93.2,88.0,53.4          Jarvis Turn Office Light On       Executed   
40                                          80                                 92.5,67.9,87.7          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       Executed   
90                                          90                                 92.2,91.1,96.0          Turn Office Light On                Executed
90                                          90                                 88.4,64.3,72.5          Turn Office Light On                NOT Executed
90                                          90                                 90.5,93.0,91.2          Turn Office Light Off                Executed
90                                          90                                 88.1,71.2                Turn Office Light Off                NOT Executed
90                                          90                                 90.2,94.0,90.4         Jarvis Turn Office Light On       Executed
90                                          90                                 89.9,72.7,86.0          Jarvis Turn Office Light On       NOT Executed
90                                          90                                 94.3,93.9,91.8         Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       Executed
90                                          90                                 89.4,87.3,89.9          Jarvis Turn Office Light Off       NOT Executed

Results are that prefix mode does not work, when enabled in Options in VC and with or without "Prefix:R Required" button pushed on

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »
Thanks for sending your log. We are able to re-create the problem and I think I see the error.  Somehow the "P" in prefix is getting sent as a separate message.

I'll look into finding a solution.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
Hi Powers.

Sorry for the delay.  I had a lot of other stuff going on lately.

Try replacing the TCPMic plugin .dll with the one attached.

Please read the following page if you are not familiar with replacing a plugin .dll file in VoxCommando:
https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Unblock_DLL

Powers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 03:01:24 PM »
Thank you James, it works now. I tested it for the last hour!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »
Great! :)