Author Topic: Voxwav just an idea  (Read 1981 times)

Graves

• View Profile
Voxwav just an idea
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:50:11 AM »
Was wondering if u could make voxwav access voxcommando over 3 or 4g networks with TTS response on the phone. An extra settings spot for access outside of network.  Im just curious if its possible to add.   I did read the feature request thread but its about a yr old, maybe some headway has been made since then.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:56:20 AM by Graves »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voxwav just an idea
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't know.  It might be possible, and I can see how this might be nice for some people, but at the moment I would say this is a pretty low priority for me. 

Basically I think it comes down to doing everything through TCP instead of UDP.  Problem with that is that I hate sockets!  Especially the ones I have to try to keep open all the time.  Currently the audio is being sent on TCP but all the messages are being sent back and forth using UDP broadcasts.

Maybe one day though.

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Voxwav just an idea
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
Hi Graves, I presume when you say VoxWAV over 3G or 4G you want to issue voice commands from the office and have stuff at your house happen? If I am right in thinking this (and James please correct me here) you might have some luck with running it over a VPN? I am not sure if this will work but it might actually be worth a shot. I used to be required to do my setup like this for my old IR gear and software I was using.

Let me know if this is potentially what you were after