Author Topic: SAPI version launches with an error  (Read 1014 times)

Furiousd

• View Profile
SAPI version launches with an error
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »
So I was using Voxcommando SP11 version for some time and it worked fine. But then I wanted to switch to SAPI version because it has dictation and profile training.

When I launched the sapi version, I got an error in history tab. I tried reinstalling the software, but nothing changed.

Here's the error:
"input error comexception: internal error occurred in the recognition process".

The Voxcommando is loaded, but it doesn't capture any sound

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: SAPI version launches with an error
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 06:07:32 PM »
Welcome to the VoxCommando forum.

My first guess is that SAPI is either not supported or not installed on your system.

Can you please tell us what version of Windows you are running and what is the Windows display language?

Are you able to open the Windows speech recognition control panel and then select "train your computer to better understand you" and perform those training steps?

Furiousd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
Thanks for your assistance.

I'm running Windows 10 Home. My display language used to be russian, but I'm using english at the moment.

Yes, I'm able to train my speech recognition via control panel, I have access to speech recognition service and I can use it. I tested a few of its features including dictating a google search text and everything worked. But not in Voxcommando.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 10:03:57 PM »
In that case I can't think of any reason why it would not work.  Unless you are confusing SAPI recognition with Cortana which is a different thing.  I didn't think that doing a Google search was a feature of Windows Speech Recognition, which makes me wonder if we are talking about the same thing.

The fact that your original language was Russian could be causing some sort of issue but in theory if you have the full English language packs installed including speech recognition then it should work.

I doubt I can suggest anything else at this point other than for me to come in and investigate your setup using TeamViewer to look for clues and try a few things.

PM me if you are interested to try to find a time that we could do that.