Author Topic: RoboB - Robo Browser  (Read 38275 times)

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: RoboB - Robo Browser
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »
lol - like I said I'm not too worried but if you manage to tweak something to get it working with ww.iheart.com let me know, I'm keen to have a play with it - might not be a good idea for you though because I'll probably just end up coming back with a heap of questions!  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »
I don't have any control over it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
OK OK.

Well there is nothing I can do in code, but I can give you a fix I think.  It seems to work for me.

First of all make sure you have at least version 9 of Internet Explorer installed.  You probably already do.

Then you can apply this registry fix.  You should be able to double-click the attached file.  Or if you prefer you can make the registry entry yourself.  It basically tells Windows to use Internet Explorer in a different compatibility mode in the Webbrowser control for VoxCommando only.  By default any .Net webbrowser control declares itself as IE version 7 for some silly reason, and this can only be changed in your registry as far as I can tell.

For reference I used this page to figure it out: http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/406059/Internet-Explorer-Net-Webbrowser-Control
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:10:42 PM by jitterjames »

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2014, 01:52:06 AM »
Works here too  ::banana  ;D and now you've found a way to "future proof" RoboBrowser - I'm having a beer to celebrate for you  ;D

EDIT: I spoke too soon, I couldn't get the Spotify website to open, same error as before. No problem though, I downloaded the application and am controlling it with VC & Eventghost - I can't get over the "power" that the combination of these 2 apps gives me  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:46:30 AM by Bleazle »

Stealth

• View Profile
Re: RoboB - OurGroceries
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Hi all,  I'm new to VoxCommando and I'm trying to get the OurGroceries plugin to work.

I am running version 1.1.9.1 of VoxCommando.

I have installed the plugin but can't seem to drag the sample xml file to the voicecommands.xml window.  In the YouTube video it shows a split screen which is different to my version.

Have I missed something?

Thanks

Steve

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »
Hi Stealth and welcome to VoxCommando forum.
We have no OurGroceries plugin, but I think you mean the RoboBrowser  ;)

Can you post a link for which video you mean?
So your VC is runing well on your system and you need help to get work OurGroceries with the RoboB plugin?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »
Hi Stealth and welcome to VoxCommando forum.
We have no OurGroceries plugin, but I think you mean the RoboBrowser  ;)

Can you post a link for which video you mean?
So your VC is runing well on your system and you need help to get work OurGroceries with the RoboB plugin?

Hi Kalle,

Thank you for your reply,  Yes your correct sorry I meant to say the RoboBrowser to work with OurGroceries.  The video I followed is -

&index=9

I have also just upgraded to version 1.9.3.3 with the same issue.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 02:16:10 PM »
... but can't seem to drag the sample xml file to the voicecommands.xml window.

Hi Steve,

What exactly do you mean by "can't seem to drag the sample xml file to the voicecommands.xml window"?  This is a fairly straightforward operation, assuming you have performed a drag and drop operation before.  You will need to be more specific in order for us to help.

Also just to be safe, it is usually a good idea to provide a link to the exact forum post containing the file you are referring to, in order to avoid confusion.

There is no longer a split screen.  The tutorial was made in a much older version of the program, but it does not matter.

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
Hi Steve,

What exactly do you mean by "can't seem to drag the sample xml file to the voicecommands.xml window"?  This is a fairly straightforward operation, assuming you have performed a drag and drop operation before.  You will need to be more specific in order for us to help.

Also just to be safe, it is usually a good idea to provide a link to the exact forum post containing the file you are referring to, in order to avoid confusion.

There is no longer a split screen.  The tutorial was made in a much older version of the program, but it does not matter.

Hi James,

I agree drag and drop is straightforward. I have been around computers and home automation for years.  Having said that I understand why you asked.

When I try to drag the .xml file I get the can't move symbol  a black circle with a line through it). Maybe a permissions error?

The file name I'm trying to copy is 'Vc robob our grocercies sample.xml' posted by yourself in this topic post no 2.

I am running win8.1 on a surface-pro.  I have granted full permissions to the VOX folder were the Voxcommando.exe resides and set the .exe to run as administrator also.

Steve

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:12 PM »
When I try to drag the .xml file I get the can't move symbol  a black circle with a line through it). Maybe a permissions error?

I am sorry but this is still not clear to me.  It sounds to me like you are no able to drag the file at all, which would imply that your system is not allowing you to drag an xml file for some reason.  If this is the case it has nothing to do with VoxCommando.  It could have something to do with permissions, the place you downloaded the file to, or the program that you used to download the file with (maybe it did not finish the download or left the file open for some reason etc.) or maybe there is a problem with our forum that is interrupting the download, your anti virus could be getting in the way etc.

But maybe you mean that you see this symbol, not when you first drag the file, but when you drag the file onto your VC command editor tree.  If that is the case, I'm not sure why that would be.

I tested the operation starting with downloading the file from the forum, just to be safe, on two computers running VC 1.9.3.3 without any problems.

If you are not able to do it this way you can try another method.

Method 1:
- Open your command editor, and on the menu at the top click File > Open
- Browse to the file you downloaded, select it and click "open"
(note you will get a warning about a missing xml file, but this is OK, it will be generated later.)
- Now a new window will open next to your original, with the new groups in it.  Drag the groups from the new window into your voicecommands.xml window.

Method 2:
Alternatively, you can:
- open the xml file in notepad, select ALL the text and click Ctrl-C
- open your command editor and click Ctrl-V

Please note that method 2 will only work in VC2 version 1.9.3.1 or higher, I don't think it will work in VC1 at all.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:33:05 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »
By the way, in a Simple Machines forum, the title of any post, is a link to that specific post.  So here is the link to the post you were referring to:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=843.msg6846#msg6846

In general, I think it is easier and safer to do it this way, rather than to explain where the post can be found.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »
and here a video how you can drag and drop exactly this xml file in VC1.191

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRLz3_yIIv4

I hope this will help too.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
and here a video how you can drag and drop exactly this xml file in VC1.191

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRLz3_yIIv4

I hope this will help too.

Yes that's exactly what I tried it doesn't work for me. It must be a win8.1 permissions issue.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »
@Kalle: Even if you drag the file onto another group it is not a problem.  In version 1 you just click "No" and it will import it normally.  If you click "Yes" it will import the commands from the file into the group that you dropped it on.

In version 2 it doesn't matter at all.  I got rid of the option to import the xml into an existing group because it was too confusing and I don't think anyone was really using it anyway.  So in VC2 it will import into new groups no matter where you drop it.

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
If you are not able to do it this way you can try another method.

Method 1:
- Open your command editor, and on the menu at the top click File > Open
- Browse to the file you downloaded, select it and click "open"
(note you will get a warning about a missing xml file, but this is OK, it will be generated later.)

Method 2:
Alternatively, you can:
- open the xml file in notepad, select ALL the text and click Ctrl-C
- open your command editor and click Ctrl-V

Please note that method 2 will only work in VC2 version 1.9.3.1 or higher, I don't think it will work in VC1 at all.

Thanks James method 2 has worked for me.  Much appreciated.

Steve