Author Topic: Mobiola Headset App  (Read 16498 times)

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »
I looked at your tutorials using the ipod touch and then the outdoor event tutorial.

Which do yo like best out of the 3 including Mobiola?

Your touch and outdoor tutorial looks like there may be some extensive setup with event ghost, which i have never used.

Also, what do you mean you have have to be on the LAN?  From what i see you download the app the your PC (which is on the LAN) and then to the phone which is wireless. Is that what you mean?  I guess i dont see why you wouldn't be on a LAN....

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
I looked at your tutorials using the ipod touch and then the outdoor event tutorial.

Your touch and outdoor tutorial looks like there may be some extensive setup with event ghost, which i have never used.

Also, what do you mean you have have to be on the LAN?  From what i see you download the app the your PC (which is on the LAN) and then to the phone which is wireless. Is that what you mean?  I guess i dont see why you wouldn't be on a LAN....

you would have to provide links to the specific tutorials.  I don't know which tutorials you are talking about.

I find Mobiola works best... when it works. :)

You have to be on THE LAN not A LAN.  I mean the same LAN that VC is on.  In other words, you can't call home from somewhere else.  But in theory, with skype you could.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »

If you have an iPad/iPhone or iTouch the mobiola headset app works perfect, it is easy to install and use (mobiola works over Wifi, so that your computer with VC must connect to a W-LAN)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
ok i gotcha.

Yeah this was like 2 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dk4uVNnho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTkO3AzYJKs

Thank you Kalle for the 2nd opinion.

I'll try the mobiola today.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »
ok i gotcha.

Yeah this was like 2 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dk4uVNnho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTkO3AzYJKs

Thank you Kalle for the 2nd opinion.

I'll try the mobiola today.

Well I can see why I was confused.  Neither of those is a tutorial.

The first one (outside) was a demo of VC before I even released the first version to the public and at that time it was really just an extension of EventGhost.  Of course you can still run VC on a laptop if you want and use it to control JRiver, or XBMC which is running on another system on your LAN because in both cases VC is communicating with the media centre through the LAN anyway.

In the second one, with the iPod I was using the pocket recordpad app for iOs.  You could still use this technique but it is much easier and more effective to use Mobiola Headset.  It is a paid app but not too expensive.

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
I tried the ipad headset app, your right its cool, when it works.

It works flawlessly at times and others it only reconizes a few commands.

I tried the mic on the ipad and a bluetooth one, i guess i need to try it with a set of plug in headphones that has a mic with it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
I've never had a problem with accuracy.  If it works at all it works fine.  Quality is always good.  I meant not work as in no sound at all.

Bluetooth = FAIL

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
Do you have yours setup a special way.

It looks like its picking up the sound from the computer.  When i am completely out of the room, the blue bars are still lighting up on the app.  Once the music starts I cant get any other commands to work.

Are you using an ipad, ipod touch......with or w/o a headset.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
From what you are describing... it sounds like maybe it is not acutally using mobiola but some other mic input.

I've used it on my iPod with the white iPod headphones that have a mic built into the controller which is on the right year wire.  I've also used a 2 cent microphone from amazon that plugs in to the headphone jack.  In both cases it worked fine, but obviously doesn't work all that well if there is a lot of background noise because neither one is a noise cancelling mic.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:32:00 AM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 04:36:35 AM »
This is really going off on a tangent.  Would you believe this is the J River thread?

You are getting into a lot of other stuff now.  The mobiola app delivers whatever is fed into it.  Obviously if your device is using a bad microphone, or if there are a lot of other sounds there will be issues.  Please I don't want to have a whole discussion about microphones and background music etc. in this thread.

From what you are describing... it sounds like maybe it is not acutally using mobiola but some other mic input.
Hi rablack97, in mobiola headset app on ipad you can set to music/voice. Set it to music for better resulst. (iPad2 has a good mic)
If you have problems with backround noises, turn your iPad so that the camera is down in the direction of your body because there is also the microphone. Otherwise the mic pick up any noises that come from the front (i.e. TV, receiver ...)

Kalle
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:52:29 AM by Kalle »

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Mobiola Headset App
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
Uh oh, seems i'm in trouble

This is really going off on a tangent.  Would you believe this is the J River thread?

You are getting into a lot of other stuff now.  The mobiola app delivers whatever is fed into it.  Obviously if your device is using a bad microphone, or if there are a lot of other sounds there will be issues.  Please I don't want to have a whole discussion about microphones and background music etc. in this thread.

I'm not tying to go off on tangents, this is all tying into JRiver. Any new user such as myself, that is trully interested in the use of your product with JRiver might run into the same issues.  They can read this one thread and basically get there system up and running w/o having to bounce in and out of threads to find the answers.  Keep in mind, i'm running eveything through Jriver so the questions i'm asking are in regards to troubleshooting that plugin only.  As of now we are dealing with 3 different programs which all have 3 different configs, to get all 3 synched properly I think would take asking questions about all 3 pieces of software.  You mentioned your setup worked great with Mobiola, i'm having all sorts of issues with it recognizing the commands.  I'm just trying to emulate your setup that's all.  So i apologize if i'm going off tangent.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
You are not in trouble, I am just trying to maintain some semblance of order on the forum (and of course failing miserably).

People using VC and JRiver are also going to be using Windows but I don't think we should discuss how to install windows and the various troubleshooting issues involved in that.

This also has nothing to do with my setup.  I don't use JRiver (except during development and testing of the plugin) and I don't use Mobiola as a rule, I just tested it a few times.  In my setup I use Amulet Remote, MediaMoney, XBMC, X10, HALX, Gmail, Google Calendar Plugin, Weather plugin, EventGhost etc...

Someone who uses JRiver could use any number of different microphone inputs so it makes sense for them to look in the microphone area of the site when considering which microphone to use and how to set it up.  The quality and accuracy of their recognition has nothing at all to do with the JRiver plugin.

Imagine if we created a thread for every possible combination of OS / Plugins combo / microphone / Language and accent of the user /  etc.  We would have millions.

Again, I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time, I'm just trying to maintain order for the sake of other users who are trying to make sense of the forum.

If you want you can make a thread in the "General Discussion" area of the site called "Rablack 97s setup".  Then you can discuss anything and everything in there.

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
No i understand.

I'll keep my questions narrowed down to the thread.

What I meant by setup was in regards to your comment that when testing mobiola you didnt have recognition problems.  So I'll be more specific when referencing.

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
ok found my setup, mobiola with ipod touch 2nd gen on music setting, and ifrogz earbuds + inline mic.

recognition is spot on....

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:22:27 AM »
ok found my setup, mobiola with ipod touch 2nd gen on music setting, and ifrogz earbuds + inline mic.

recognition is spot on....
Yes, that is it, see post above.

Hi rablack97, in mobiola headset app on ipad you can set to music/voice. Set it to music for better resulst. (iPad2 has a good mic)
If you have problems with backround noises, turn your iPad so that the camera is down in the direction of your body because there is also the microphone. Otherwise the mic pick up any noises that come from the front (i.e. TV, receiver ...)

Kalle