Author Topic: Start VC minimized?  (Read 5939 times)

powermarcel10

• View Profile
Start VC minimized?
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
Hello,

is there a way to let VC start minimized with windows?

Cheers,

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Start VC minimized?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
Yes.  The method you choose will depend on if you want VC to always start minimized, or only when windows starts.

- To minimize VC every time it starts you can create a command that minimizes VC using Window.Minimize and assign the VC.loaded event to it.  In this case VC will open normally and when it is finished loading it will minimize. (see attached group for example)

- To do it only at system start you need to create a shortcut to VC and set the properties to Run Minimized.  then you should UNcheck "start with windows" in the options menu of VC and instead put your shortcut in the windows startup folder.  To browse to this folder, click windows "start" button, then click "all programs" then right-click "startup" and choose "explore".  for me this opens the folder C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

copy your shortcut into this folder.

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »
Thanks, that works!! (the one with the minimized shortcut..) Stupid that I didn't think about it.. But I think that it's still a good option to intergrate it into the program..

BTW: I think I have solved the problem with the DTS and dolby D movies! It was because of my soundcard driver.. I was using a not  official beta driver.. After installing the original driver everything was fine.. I will do some more tests the next few days to see if the problem doesn't come back.. Thanks for your help!

One other question:

I have said it earlier, but I am using my iphone mic to control VC with the app: Mobiola headset.. It's working very awesome.. Nice things about it:

-I don't have to buy a expensive mic
-it's wireless (duuuuh)
-You have it close with you, so it's working much better than a microphone with a big distanse..

One problem: I have to make connection first before I launch VC, because else, I'm getting an error message.. I want that VC is running ALWAYS at the background and that I can make a connection with the mic only when I want to use VC.

Is there a way to dissable this anoying message?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
what is the message?

Great to hear about the sound drivers.

I believe with mobiola you can set a backup microphone , so if you did that, then VC would not complain.  Obviously since it is a Voice Recognition program it gets upset if it thinks there is no microphone  ::confused

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »
what is the message?

Great to hear about the sound drivers.

I believe with mobiola you can set a backup microphone , so if you did that, then VC would not complain.  Obviously since it is a Voice Recognition program it gets upset if it thinks there is no microphone  ::confused

I mean the message in the image bellow..

I'm getting the message only when I open VC without a connection to mobiola app and server.. I'm also getting the message when I disable all microphones.. I hope you can solve it!

I also see that there is a new version availible of VC with also some MP improvements.. Nice! Is there a way to backup my settings and changes I made into the commandos?

I'm using Fortherecord BTW, and not MP TVserve,r so I think I can't use the chanel thing that are added.. I was thinking: I can make a commando like: "channel seven" and that it enters the "7 button" on my keyboard.. How can I configure that?

re-edit by James: I removed the image since we don't need it anyway.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:34:03 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »
One problem: I have to make connection first before I launch VC, because else, I'm getting an error message.. I want that VC is running ALWAYS at the background and that I can make a connection with the mic only when I want to use VC.

Is there a way to dissable this anoying message?
I've tested it, there is no message, VC and mobilia headset works fine after reconnect. VC run allways in backround in standby mode.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »
I've tested it, there is no message, VC and mobilia headset works fine after reconnect. VC run allways in backround in standby mode.

So, when you start VC, without any mics on your system enabled, you don't get this messenge? Are you shure?

I know that VC is working fine also after I connect my iphone to mobiola server.. The problem is only the error messange I'm getting know always since the VC is startup with windows.. And like I said, this only happend when there is no mic enabled.. (incl. the mobiola mic)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
the answer is make sure there is always a mic enabled...  Don't you have an analog mic input on your motherboard?  The speech recognition engine will not start if there is no default input device.  There is not much I can do about it.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
So, when you start VC, without any mics on your system enabled, you don't get this messenge? Are you shure?

I know that VC is working fine also after I connect my iphone to mobiola server.. The problem is only the error messange I'm getting know always since the VC is startup with windows.. And like I said, this only happend when there is no mic enabled.. (incl. the mobiola mic)
Ahh, no mic on system, ok I understand.  ::club

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »
also, why do you need to shut windows down?  I only shut down when there is a problem or after installing a bunch of updates.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »
I'm using Fortherecord BTW, and not MP TVserve,r so I think I can't use the chanel thing that are added.. I was thinking: I can make a commando like: "channel seven" and that it enters the "7 button" on my keyboard.. How can I configure that?
You can use DxInput plugin, for keyboard emulation, it is easy to use.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:41:27 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »
I don't know anything about watching TV on MediaPortal, but ForTheRecord sounds like it is for Recording TV shows.  Do you also use it to watch TV?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »
You can use DxInput plugin, for keyboard emulation, it is easy to use.
There is an action to send a key using wifiremote which might be more reliable than keyboard emulation, but I haven't really tested it too much.

MpWifi.Key

on the other hand if you are sending a string of numbers for multiple digits, like 102, then it might be easier to use keyboard emulation.  I would try with inputkeys first, and if it doesn't work then try the DxInput plugin.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »
I also see that there is a new version availible of VC with also some MP improvements.. Nice! Is there a way to backup my settings and changes I made into the commandos?
I don't think I changed anything in the MediaPortal configuration, but to backup your settings you can choose "File > Backup Current Configuration" which will simply create a zip file of all your xml files.  The most important one to keep is voicecommands.xml and also "options.xml" but if you created any payloadXml files you will want to save them as well.

If I want to experiment I usually just make a copy of the whole VoxCommando folder and all its subfolders and files, since it is not very big.