Author Topic: Regisstering VoxCommando  (Read 16193 times)

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Regisstering VoxCommando
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »
Nice work Kalle.   ;D  So there is a little plug in device that goes into the amulet and it then lays on the cradle and makes contact.  Is that right?  In that case there is the small insert that would have to be stowed between uses or it would be permanently attached to the remote?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »
Nice work Kalle.   ;D  So there is a little plug in device that goes into the amulet and it then lays on the cradle and makes contact.  Is that right?  In that case there is the small insert that would have to be stowed between uses or it would be permanently attached to the remote?
Hi mclough6,
yes that is correct, the small USB dongle can be plugged in all the time, it is virtually invisible. There is nothing of note. just hang up and they loads.  8)
I bought me a scroll saw, so I can edit the plastic better. I'll still try a few different design. If you have any suggestions for the design, post a sketch.
The whole can be set up well with wood, but plastic is the cheapest.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »
So, the next one  ;)  (without any cosmetic's)

Kalle

Ok, here is my next design (that is my favorit), please comment  :)  (the usb cable is only connected temporarily for testing, the end product looks cleaner)

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
beautiful.  do you have to worry about it falling out the side?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 03:09:16 AM »
beautiful.  do you have to worry about it falling out the side?
No, the remote is in the lower part relatively fixed.
I need something to balance out the stand, since this is very light, but that's no problem. I will send one copy in the near future, then you can test it. Do you have any kind of wish for the foot? (different color, different material) at the time he's made of wood.

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 07:13:03 AM »
black metal is probably good and would have the required weight, but how to manage that is a different story.  Wood is always nice, and can be painted black.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 07:16:09 AM »
a V shaped foot made from the same material as the rest of the stand would be nice too, if it is possible.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
a V shaped foot made from the same material as the rest of the stand would be nice too, if it is possible.
I think I can try out all three materials  ;)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
black metal is probably good and would have the required weight, but how to manage that is a different story.  Wood is always nice, and can be painted black.
Hello friends,
today I've completed the first cradle for amulet remote, and I hope you like it too.

Material: The base is made ​​of aluminum, so the amulet-remote can not fall over.
The stand itself is made of Makrolon (Bayer Material Science) is also called polycarbonate, and is not destroyed under normal circumstances.
In the upper part of the stand I have made ​​a point of black rubber, this fit exactly into a recess under the amulets remote.
On the back of the amulet, I have plugged in a modified mini-USB connector, this is practically not visible. To recharge the amulet placed simple in the cradle, thereby affecting the contacts from the mini-USB to the contacts from the cradle and the amulet recharge. Thats all  ;)

Greetings Kalle

PS: He eddy, I hope you read this post and I give you a example, for what is important (for the next remote control from amulet)  ;)

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »
Wow Kalle, that actually looks like a work of art.  Good job!  :D

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 06:25:32 PM »
Beautifull, Kalle is genious in design...excelent job...

;D
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

eddyc

• View Profile
    • Amulet Devices
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
Wow, Kalle - that's really nice work! I am very impressed. (And particularly good of you to post it on my birthday :-)

If you are planning on offering this as a product, I'd definitely like to order one for my own Amulet at home.

Out of curiosity, is the small insert for the USB socket on the remote easy to remove if needed (just in case you want to plug in a standard USB charge cable if travelling, for example)?

Eddy

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
Wow, Kalle - that's really nice work! I am very impressed. (And particularly good of you to post it on my birthday :-)

If you are planning on offering this as a product, I'd definitely like to order one for my own Amulet at home.

Out of curiosity, is the small insert for the USB socket on the remote easy to remove if needed (just in case you want to plug in a standard USB charge cable if travelling, for example)?

Eddy

haha, thank's Eddy,
it is no problem to remove the mini-plug.

I have signed no patent on the cradle  ;), and wanted only to show amulet-devices it is not a great effort to create a charging cradle. From the idea through development and production (I tried several designs), it took me three weeks. I did not have all the tools in the house, so it needs this time. Since everything is handmade, and I need about 3-4 hours per cradle. The hardest part was the solution with the mini-plug (I have destroyed many USB cable until I knew how it works  :bonk)

Kalle
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:13:13 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
Hi Kalle,

I just got back from vacation about 1/2 an hour ago.  I have been without internet for almost 5 days!!!  :o

Of course I checked the forum as soon as I unpacked and one of the first things I saw was your new cradle design.  Splendid!  Very beautiful.  I am sure you are proud of your work.  So cool.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
Hi Kalle,

I just got back from vacation about 1/2 an hour ago.  I have been without internet for almost 5 days!!!  :o

Of course I checked the forum as soon as I unpacked and one of the first things I saw was your new cradle design.  Splendid!  Very beautiful.  I am sure you are proud of your work.  So cool.
Hi Wanilton and James,
proudly present ------- your "Air-Slide-Chargingcradle" for the Amulet-remote  ;D

It is ready to ship. I've tested the funktion and it works perfect. I recommend a USB travel adapter, so you can stand up to the cradle everywhere.

Kalle