Author Topic: Plugin not finding my player  (Read 3768 times)

radeon187

• View Profile
Plugin not finding my player
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »
Hello,

I am currently running 2.2.0.9 and installed it successful on Windows 7. When I attempt to setup the player along with TTS, none of my players show up. I have the Sonos PC app installed on the same PC and it sees my player fine. All devices are on the same network. please advise!

radeon187

• View Profile
Re: Plugin not finding my player
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »
I looked in the logs and found this error.

1/25/2016 7:41:37 PM   526   [plugin] Sonos error listing devices on ctlMain_Load: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at vcPlugin.ctlMain.listDevices()
   at vcPlugin.ctlMain.ctlMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »
Sorry, I really have no idea why it cannot detect your players.  I have a play 3 and a connect, and VC 2.2.0.9 has no problem detecting them.

Did you create a firewall exception for VoxCommando the first time you ran it?

radeon187

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 09:54:53 AM »
Yep, I disabled the firewall completely as well.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:29 AM »
I don't have anything to suggest.

What kind of Sonos players do you have?

radeon187

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:32:14 AM »
Sound bar, sub, two play 1's and two connect amps.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 11:37:39 AM »
OK.

All I can think of right now is to unplug them all except for the Play 1 and then work your way up (bringing devices back online one at a time) to see if maybe there is a particular player that is mucking things up.

I don't have any of the same devices as you so I cannot test.  No one else has reported an issue yet but I don't have any way of knowing how many people are using the plugin or what players they have.

I'd be happy to come in and take a look at some point with TeamViewer but I'm not sure what I could do.

I assume that you've got VC working normally otherwise?  What else if anything are you using VC for?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:14:51 PM by nime5ter »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »
Also, I don't know if it matters but are all your Sonos systems updated to the latest firmware?

radeon187

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »
Got it all working after unplugging all my devices. Im using the Mobiola Headset on IPAD. I downloaded the app for Iphone 6+ but it keeps crashing on me.

On another note, is there a reason when I increase the volume by voice, it doesn't get any louder than 50%? When looking at the sonos app it just doesn't move after once the volume is half way up.

Also, for some reason I can only group or set player on my connect amps, not the soundbar,woofer and play1's (this is setup as 5.1 surround) BUT i can group them all together.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 11:00:46 AM »
Got it all working after unplugging all my devices.
Weird.  So even after you added ALL your devices back in it still works?  I guess one of your devices was misbehaving in a way that the plugin was not able to handle.  I've had weirdness before that was fixed by rebooting my Sonos so I guess it's a similar thing.

On another note, is there a reason when I increase the volume by voice, it doesn't get any louder than 50%? When looking at the sonos app it just doesn't move after once the volume is half way up.
Yes, I originally put this in as a safety feature because I found 50 was already incredibly loud on my Play 3 and I wanted to avoid damaging anyone's equipment or ears in case of a misunderstood or poorly constructed command.  I can remove this restriction.  At the moment it actually only applies to adjusting  the volume (relative). You can actually set it to any value from 0 to 100.  It also does not apply to adjusting the group volume.

I think I'll just remove this restriction in the future.

Also, for some reason I can only group or set player on my connect amps, not the soundbar,woofer and play1's (this is setup as 5.1 surround) BUT i can group them all together.

As I mentioned earlier I only have a Play 3 and Connect.

I have no idea about grouping various configurations that include a 5.1 setup.  Developing for all variations of Sonos is pretty impossible unless you want to spend thousands of dollars to buy every device they make (and pairs of certain ones) and I'm not interested in making that kind of investment in equipment I don't need.  It's a shame that their UPNP based api is not more predictable across their different products.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:16:29 AM by nime5ter »