Author Topic: RGB Strip For Listening State Of Vox And Home Security Using Broadlink RM Pro  (Read 2024 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
Hi Guys, here is an idea some of you may want to run with which I have implemented into my usage of vox. One problem I had now I control my TV with vox and a smart watch is knowing what the listening state of vox is when the TV is off.

I could issue commands and not know whether they have been heard until the monitor or TV is turned on, so what I have done is got a RGB LED strip and linked it up to vox using a Broadlink RM Pro.

When vox is in listening mode the LEDs around the TV and window in the room go green, when it is in standby mode the LEDs go blue, when vox is off the LEDs are red.

Theres many different ways to use LEDs and some are covered on the forum by Kalle, so which way you set it up doesn't matter, just link the vox event for the state to a colour on your RGB LED strip and then it will show which state your vox is in.

I have LEDs in different rooms and they are part of my security system also so when an intrusion is detected the LEDs turn on and go red, so the windows of the house go red. I just let my neighbour no that if they see red lights in the window to check in with me because it could mean a break in or emergency with the family.

One of the family is a diabetic so when an episode happens there's usually little time to act when they have a hypo, so I will be integrating this with a Skype call to my number and e-mail notification.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:39:30 PM by Simeon Tuitt »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.