Author Topic: Global Itach  (Read 1913 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Global Itach
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:02:50 PM »
I think I'm ready to invest in trying out an Itach, but curious from comments and such.
Do people typically configure right next to their devices?
I assume as a blaster, I could just blast at typical 'remote control' ranges ie from my couch ie if I got the wifi itach?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051BU418/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2B7FYS994N04L&coliid=I29NNDSL232G4Z

But then I wonder why there are 3 outputs on the backplane if I would only need one blaster? Anyone offer insights?
Thanks, cheers.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Global Itach
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »
If you have a device like a blueray player in a cupboard with non glass front, you can place a extra emitter line from one off the ports to this device.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:20:09 PM »
thanks kalle, I guess I was more curious specifically about the range of the blaster and how partial the line of sight requirement is. I dont really have issues w/ conventional remotes. I dont have any cabinetry and would prefer to blast all my devices with less wires so I thought the wireless model near the couch or on a back shelf or something would work?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:11:01 PM »
Yes this will work, so far I know the blaster has no problems with a range of 8 meter. White walls or ceiling and mirroring objects will increase the range.
***********  get excited and make things  **********