Author Topic: Websockets and playlist issue  (Read 1916 times)

boutzo

• View Profile
Websockets and playlist issue
« on: March 06, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
For a windows 8 installation are you using their websocket protocol and is there a way to check if it's working?  I've been having to repeat commands twice in some instances using voxwav the command is going thru but no action is taking place. Ex " stop playback or next track".  Just looking for quicker responses.

Also with some playlists for video genres the movie starts right away, others the movie loads up but is in a paused state. Is this a server issue or Is it possibly the way a video is encoded? Both files are MP4.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Websockets and playlist issue
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »
I have never had to repeat commands twice.  Most likely you have a problem between the MBS and whichever client you are using.  Try using the remote control feature of the dashboard with the same client to see what kind of performance you are getting.  Or maybe there is a problem with the VoxCommando crack you are using.

This is what I'm using to talk to the MBS: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.ApiClient

boutzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:58:44 PM »
I don't understand what you mean by "use the remote control feature with the same client" I thought the dashboard was the client and I am using version 2.1.3.8 from the voxcommando site.  I just adjusted the play some music command to play a movie genre.xml instead. The repeat twice issue is when I am using the media classic client on a windows 7 machine.  The pause issue is when I am using the dashboard on a windows 8 machine because I don't have wmc for windows 8 yet.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
You can use dashboard to control mediabrowser classic, or any other client including another dashboard.  It's called display mirroring.  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-57-new-server-beta-released-30523140980/

MediaBrowser's api client currently does not really handle genres very well.