Author Topic: Learning IR with Global Cache iTach Flex  (Read 5156 times)

Etrust

• View Profile
Learning IR with Global Cache iTach Flex
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
Here is a demo of learning codes from the Global Caché iTach wifi2IR using voice commands.

&index=5

- Update VC to version 1.1.5.0
- Import the attached group xml
- Edit the 1st command in the group: "TCP connect iTach Client"
    - in the second parameter of the action replace 192.168.0.134 with the IP address of your iTach.

Off you go!

Hi James,

I have do that and I am not able to save my command. After saying "i want to lern buttons from my tv" I hear a voice saying "ready to lern button". Than I say "lern button power". I hear a voice saying "Press button Power. After that it happens nothing after pressing the power button in front of my iTach. The Map Editor can not save my power button and I also do not heaer the voice poewer button saved. I have checked my IP Adress and it is correct. Can you help? I am using the iTach Flex WIFI that I have show you on amazon.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Learning IR with Global Cache iTach Flex
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
Please use the itach learning tools first to verify that it works correctly and that you know how to do it.

You must point the remote correctly and hold it very close to the itach.  I am not sure on the flex where the learning port is but on the one I have it is a very small hole on the back and you must hold the remote directly in front of this hole about 3 inches away or it will not work.

What kind of device/remote are you trying to learn codes for?

Kalle has an iTach flex I think so maybe he has some advice.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »
Did you enable the TCP plugin in VoxCommando options?

Etrust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
hi james, I am now able to save the codes. The problem was that I were positioning the tv remote to far from the learner.

The Problem I have now is that the Blaster are not sending the command to my TV. The blaster is enabled on the settings. Should the Blaster blink blue when it should send a command? When I test the power button in VC I can see the codes there. But the blaster is not sending the command to my tv.

Yes I have enabled the TCP Plugin. I have insert there the ip from the itach and the port 4998 (I have that from your xml file). Do you have an idea??

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »
Again, I am not sure what the best advice is because I don't have a flex.  It is probably going to be one of two things.

1 - A configuration setting is wrong (such as which port the signal is being sent on).  In my sample code I think I am sending on port 3, and your blaster might be on a different port.  If possible put your blaster on port 3 since this is easier than changing the codes.

Note that when we learn the command we use the action Tools.GcCompress.  You can change the port in this action.  http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#GcCompress

2 - A bad blaster or a faulty wire, or some other hardware related problem like not pushing the plug in far enough etc.

crawfofd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »
Just a note, for itach flex the ir blaster has to be on port 3. This is in the documentation. I have three flexs, 1 wifi and
2 ip. All work great. It is late tonight but in the AM I will post my config if it will help.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 02:03:36 AM »
Hi Etrust, sorry for the long delay.
Did your iTach Flex comes with a IR-blaster or IR-emitter?
An emitter is the small IR-Led which you can fix direct on a device (short distance). A blaster is for long distance, which you can place anywhere in the room, it only needs to have visual contact to the controlling devices.
If you have no blaster, take a look in the iTach settings (type in your browser the iTach IP) and get sure that you have not enabled the blaster (see attached picture).
Get save that you use the correct IR-port in your code if you use a tri-port cable. You can change the iTach send code as following:

The code which is send starts with  sendir,1:3,1,...  the digit 3 means IR port 3. You can use instead 3 the digit 1 or 2, like  sendir,1:1,1,... for IR port 1 or  sendir,1:2,1,... for IR port 2 it depends on which part of cable you have connect to the iTach (tri-port cable or single/double emitter).
If you need more informations, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:19:48 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Etrust

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »
Hi Guys, great ideas here! I have the blaster connected direct to the itach. I am not using a tri port cable. Under the itach settings I have the following settings:

Single IR Emittter: Blaster connected: TRUE
Flex Link tri-port Cable: Blaster connected on IR3: FALSE

I am using this model: http://www.globalcache.com/products/itachflex/

and this blaster. http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-Blaster-Cable-FL-BL/dp/B00CEK3VHS

In the map editor I can see that VC is sending on Port3.

I have changed on the map editor the second number from 3 to 1 and 2 and have saved to test. Using Port 1 or 2 didn't work. Interesting is that after saving the map editor and I say test that button I can see  sendir, 1:3,1,39702... (I can see the OSD still showing Port 3. But I have saved like 1:1,1 or 1:2,1). I do not know if this is the problem but it seems that VC is still using the port 3. But I have saved the map editor with port 1 and 2 to test.

What could be the problem?

@Kalle: Should the blaster blink when itach send a signal?

Have you or james and crawfofd an idea what I am doing wrong?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:51:39 AM by Etrust »

Etrust

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
Hi Guys, I again..

Do not ask me why but now it is working on port 3. Maybe I forgot to save my changes on the iflex page or the blaster was not in the right place.

Thank you very much!!  :)

I want now to send 3 numbers like 197 for MTV. What is the best way to do that? Should I make a new post?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »
I want now to send 3 numbers like 197 for MTV. What is the best way to do that? Should I make a new post?

Yes.
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1891.msg16360#msg16360
 :)