Author Topic: Couple of quick question  (Read 3672 times)

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Couple of quick question
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »
Hi,

1 - I can see that there are standard commands for browse recently added episodes and albums but I cant see how to do this for Movies?
 2 - Ive successfully created commands to launch project free tv & radio. Cant seem to do the same for pseudotv as when I go to my addons folder, its not listed with a addon.video.example type name, its just a string of text (sorry dont have it in front of me at the moment) tried just plugging this into the command but no luck.
3 - Is it possiible to create a command to launch a plugin at a certain entry point e.g. project free tv / tv / last 24 hours or radio / local stations/ etc.  I'm guessing I can just add the scroll and select actions to the command, is this correct or is there a cleaner way to do it?

Thanks in advance

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Couple of quick question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:55:36 AM »
The only way I've found to get any of these to work is with the following approach.

- Navigate through the XBMC menus until I can see the item I want listed on a menu.
- Highlight it and press 'C'
- Select "Add to favourites"
go and look in userdata\favourites.xml at the entry that was created.  Compare it to other similar commands in VC to figure out how you need to modify the link to work.  So if you compare VC command for recently added TV to the entry in favourites.xml you will see the relationship between the two, and then you can apply the same logic for recently added movies.

There are two different classes of addon shortcut.  Some open a window, and some run a script.  It is important to identify which one is appropriate for a particular addon before attempting to create a command for it in VC.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
As far as recently added movies is concerned.  Please consider the following image:

How could one modify this command, so that instead of Recently Added Episodes, it showed you Recently Added Movies ?

I don't think it should prove to difficult for most people, if they spend a bit of time, and do a little bit of experimentation.  The other questions, are probably not so easy to solve.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:09:49 AM by jitterjames »

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
I'll have another look tonight. Thanks for your help