Author Topic: Stand by to Listen  (Read 1708 times)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Stand by to Listen
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
Not sure how to ask this and I would search for it if I know what to search for. In the video below the amulet remote toggles VC between listen and stand by depending on the position of the remote. Also when the mic is help in an upward position and VC is in listen mode the volume decreases. Can this be done using prefix mode? If so can anyone direct me to a tutorial on how to do so?

Thanks again for everyones help!

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Stand by to Listen
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »
i can't test it at the moment, but i think in this thread you will find what you are looking for:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=611.msg4427#msg4427

"VcGrp_Intercom test with prefix.xml"

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »
Thanks Dave! I do believe that is it. However when I click edit then click file then open and browse to the xml file i saved and select it i get a new window that pops up but the window is blank. What am i doing wrong?

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
no idea what you're doing wrong...

try to copy the code and paste it somewhere in your comand tree:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="False" name="Intercom test with prefix" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="1543" name="Ducking start" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="Lowers the system volume when the prefix is first detected">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Sound.PartialMute</cmdType>
      <cmdString>20</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>VC.Prefix.Start</event>
  </command>
  <command id="1567" name="Ducking End" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="Restores the system volume (unmute) after a command is complete">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Sound.PartialUnMute</cmdType>
      <cmdString />
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>VC.Prefix.End</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
I don't know either Dave. I tried to copy and paste it too. Says it was successful but the file is not showing up anywhere in the tree.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
I don't know either Dave. I tried to copy and paste it too. Says it was successful but the file is not showing up anywhere in the tree.

This is impossible.  When you paste something into the tree, you will not receive a message saying it was successful.  Perhaps you are confused about the meaning of the word "paste"?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »
Also, I don't know why you posted this in the Feature Request portion of the forum.  This is not a feature request, you are asking for help to understand how to use the features that already exist.  I will move this thread now.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Actually James I was pasting. However for some reason when I saved the xml file to my computer all the commands within the file had disappeared which is strange (daughter might have done something.) So I re-saved it and pasted again and it worked fine.