Author Topic: Going from trial to full version of VC  (Read 3769 times)

koopaking

• View Profile
Going from trial to full version of VC
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any differences between the trial version and the full version. Also is there a way to keep all the commands I made in the trial version.

Thanks

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Going from trial to full version of VC
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:40 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any differences between the trial version and the full version. Also is there a way to keep all the commands I made in the trial version.

Thanks
Hi koopaking and welcome to VC-forum. The only difference is that the trail-version has a limitation of 25 recognized commands and if you have activated your VC you need no new installtion. If you want to save your commands, you can use the backup funktion from "file menu" that create a zip file with all your commands and settings. You can also take a copy of the "voicecommands.xml" from the VC main folder, in this xml file are all your commands stored.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Going from trial to full version of VC
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
Just to clarify a bit.  When you buy a license, you use it to activate, or unlock VC.  You don't need to reinstall, and everything should remain the same, including your custom commands.  The only differences are, no limit to the number of commands, and removal of the demo text at the top right.

In fact, you are really unlocking your entire PC when you activate, so if you have multiple installations of VC they will all be unlocked.

As Kalle says, you can backup you custom commands a number of ways, and it is always a good idea to back them up from time to time, or when you are about to make a change, like upgrading to a new version.  Because the entire installation folder of VC is so small, my preferred method is to copy or zip up the entire folder as a backup.  If I want to try something new, or create. A special customization just playing a video game for example, I will usually create a new folder to experiment with.  This is part of the beauty of the portable installation approach and the reason VC does not use a standard installer which creates a folder in program files, and then stores data elsewhere.  Everything is "under one roof" , although technically this is only true if all your references to external files use relative paths.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:43:43 AM by jitterjames »