Author Topic: Hitserver for Gira Homeserver integration  (Read 2334 times)

Real0rx

• View Profile
Hitserver for Gira Homeserver integration
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »
Hy guys,

i have a big Problem. 2 Years ago i started to construktion my new home castle. Before i started it was clear i need a home automation system like knx. At this time, i foud voxcommando as implementation strategie for the gira homeserver 4 to release my dream to control my house with speech.

The construction of my house took some time. And now all Systems ( knx / datacenter / firewalls / ethernet and mutch more) are working. So my next step was to implement my voxcommando on my living room to intigrate all the systems like plex media servers, amazon alexa, guile3D bot and so on...

But now i go to search the hitserver connnection for the gira homeserver from homeintouch. And now this website ist down.  :o
Cant find any download link nothing.

I'm really desperate.
I have invested mutch money for all this systems. And now i have no connector to control my gira homeserver with voxcommando.
Can anybody help my to find this software?
i will paying for licence no problem if i have a chance to get this software.

I hope of your feedback.
thanks pretty mutch!

greez Tobias

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Hitserver for Gira Homeserver integration
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
Hi Tobias,

I have no connection with either HitServer or Gira.  I honestly don't even know what Gira is.

Although there is a VoxCommando plugin for HitServer that is where my connection to HitServer ends.  I have never even used the plugin myself because I do not have access to a copy of HitServer.  The plugin is a fairly simple one, allowing messages to be sent to HitServer via UDP.  It works about the same way as our connection to EventGhost but the format of the messages is specific to HitServer.  There is also a default configuration for talking to HitServer that you can use in VoxCommando.

I'm not sure what software you are looking for.  If you need help using VoxCommando to talk to HitServer then maybe I can help you to set that up, otherwise I don't think there is anything I can do for you.

Real0rx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
Hi James,

thank you for ur reply.

Gira Homeserver is an KNX Server. Hit Server is used to communicate with that server about the knx protokoll to do some actions with the knx devices.

More about this i had found in a youtube video. about this i cam to voxcommando.

Also i found on the Hitserver Facebook account a post about voxcommando.

"Download Link for the HitServer with Voxcommando included.
Special thanks to James (www.voxcommando.com)."

so i had the hope u had an contact or a copy of this program or any other solution.

Thanks a lot.
Tobias

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »
So it sounds like you are looking for a copy of HitServer.  Sorry I cannot help.  I really don't know about this program but I guess maybe they went out of business?

Real0rx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »
I was afraid of that.

::yuck

Is there a way to connect to a knx ip gateway?
Du you have a Framework that can speak knx protokoll with this gateway.

This is my last way to implement voxcommando on my home automation.
I hope you can help.

If it is a possible way I will gladly pay the development for this connector to you,
if you are ready to help me.

thank you 4 ur time

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »
I don't know.  It could take me 10, 20, 50, 100, or 200 hours.  Who knows.  I have never heard of KNX before.  It is possible but it is also difficult to write code for hardware that I do not have.

Can you tell me exactly what hardware you have?

How are you currently controlling your KNX home automation?  Do you have some software running on your PC that talks to KNX?  Do you have some hardware that connects your PC to the KNX system?  Does it use an Ethernet connection?  Does it use a serial connection?

Real0rx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 08:55:59 PM »
Okay, I did not realize that you did not know what KNX is.
I would like try to explain it to you.

KNX
KNX is the worldwide standard for home and building control with a single, manufacturer independent design and commissioning tool (ETS), with a complete set of supported communication media (TP, PL, RF and IP) as well as a complete set of supported configuration modes (system and easy mode). KNX is approved as a European (CENELEC EN 50090 and CEN EN 13321-1) and an International standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3).

More informations you can find here:
https://www.knx.org/en-us/
https://www.knx.org/en-us/knx/association/what-is-knx/index.php
https://www.knx.org/en-us/knx/technology/interworking/index.php

ETS
ETS stands for Engineering Tool Software; a manufacturer independent configuration software tool to design and configure intelligent home and building control installations with the KNX system.
ETS is a software, which runs on Windows© platform based computers.

I used it (ETS4) to customizing my devices like light switch in the wall, shutters actuators, heating control and so on.. These components are connected about a bus line and a ethernet gateway.

https://www.knx.org/en-us/knx/technology/communication-media/index.php

GIRA HomeServer 4
This Projekt file from ETS can i upload to my Gira Homeserver.
This is a certified KNX System from manufacturer "GIRA".
Its like an System that give u a User interface like an app on a tablet, or a touchscreen in a wall.

https://www.gira.com/en_GB/gebaeudetechnik/systeme/knx-eib_system.html
https://www.gira.com/en_GB/gebaeudetechnik/systeme/knx-eib_system/knx-produkte/server/homeserver.html
https://www.gira.com/en_GB/gebaeudetechnik/systeme/knx-eib_system/knx-produkte/server/homeserver/systemerlaeuterung.html

I think KNX is one of the best an expensive System for home/buliding automation. In Europe is it used (in 70% of cases of new Buildings) on private homes, public buildings and on companys.

So, I hope I could give you a little insight and it is interesting for you.
Last year i had contact with kalle, so i am from germany too. Maybe he can give some additional informations to you.

Sorry for my bad englisch.
Greets Tobias

Additionl Information:
So why i am ask for the "HitServer"?
HitServer communicated with the gira homeserver on the knx protocoll, and had an interface to voxcommando. So that would have been the easiest way for an integartion without development.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:00:45 PM by Real0rx »