Help and Support (Using VoxCommando) > Command Builder Reference

Sendkeys - Keyboard Emulation

<< < (2/4) > >>

jitterjames:
you can use inputkeys, but only if XBMC is on the same machine as VoxCommando, and has focus.

Here is a command for control-T

--- Code: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="216" name="press ctrl-t" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>InputKeys.Send</cmdType>
    <cmdString>{CONTROL}({t})</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>press ctrl-t</phrase>
</command>
--- End code ---

RickyD333:
I've been trying to do a sendkeys of "ctrl+shift+." (that's a period at the end). So it's going to look something along the lines of "^+."

I know if I was going to do something like "ctrl+ab" I would do something like, "^(ab)", but I can't seem to apply the same procedure to "^+."

jitterjames:
either of these work using sendkeys:  (tested and confirmed in chrome)

--- Code: ---+^.
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---+^(.)
--- End code ---

or with inputkeys

--- Code: ---{LCONTROL+LSHIFT}({OEM_PERIOD})
--- End code ---

Note that if you want to use this to open a voice search, you need to have chrome open to a google search page and the page must have focus.  This has nothing to do with VC.

RickyD333:
hmmm, I think I noticed what my problem was. So I had used this command with no luck. So I sat here re-issuing the command several times and it eventually worked. It so far works several times in a row, however there are a number of times where Vox recognizes the command with over a 90% accuracy, and it appears in the history page that it is activating it, but no google voice search is performed. I'm not sure why this would happen... and the google search page certainly has focus.

nime5ter:
If your cursor is in the address bar or in the main search field of the Google search page the keyboard shortcut does not work. You can try this without VC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version