Author Topic: VC.ConfirmYes No longer working  (Read 3052 times)

bergasha

• View Profile
VC.ConfirmYes No longer working
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:23:57 AM »
After updating to 2.2.3.8 my always on  VC.ConfirmYes with phrase "Yes Please" is no longer working I get an error

Is anyone else having this issue? I could not find a way to rollback but I found and Old Old version online and am using that which is working again.. (Any where I can download 2.2.3.7?) the newest I could find online was 2.2.2.7

Cheers

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: VC.ConfirmYes No longer working
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
Hi Bergasha,

After updating to 2.2.3.8 my always on  VC.ConfirmYes with phrase "Yes Please" is no longer working I get an error

No changes were made to the confirmation functions of VC in the update between 2.2.3.7 and 2.2.3.8.

You mention that your "Yes Please" always on command is no longer working. However, your screenshot seems to show that "Yes please" is executing properly.

Can you be more specific about what "is not working" when you confirm the command?
What is the scenario?
What is supposed to happen, and what is now happening instead?

A proper log file that provides more context regarding what's happening before and after your confirmation command would be more helpful than the short snippet displayed in the screenshot.

The error message in your history window appears later, after your "Yes please" has successfully executed, and seems to be related to an internal confirmation timeout in VC. That is something that James will look into, but it should not necessarily be impacting the functionality of your command, so we need more information.

In the meantime, I have done a few tests here in 2.2.3.8. I created a command that requires confirmation and tested the confirmation functions.

I tried using both the default confirmation commands in the Options settings, as well as creating my own confirmation commands in my command tree (in which I leave both Options confirmation fields empty and use "yes" and "no" commands instead).

Everything appears to be working here.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

bergasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »
Hi and thanks for the help,
Ive attached the Log, As you can see the only issue is with the VC.ConfirmYes it appears in the history like it's working fine then a few seconds later the error appears and no action is taken.

Thanks again.

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »
Everything appears to be working here.

Здравствуйте
хотел бы добавить по поводу данной ошибки. она правда присутствует, но при условии, если убрана галочка Show OSD when confimation required.

на рис.1 галочка стоит Show OSD when confimation required - все работает как надо.
на рис.2 галочка  не стоит - команда не работает как должна.

Google Translate
Hello, I would like to add about this error. it is really present, but provided that the  checkbox is unchecked "Show OSD when confimation required".

in the picture 1 checkbox is checked "Show OSD when confimation required" - everything works as it should.
in the picture 2 checkbox is unchecked "Show OSD when confimation required" - does not work.

Thanks and sorry for my english
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:51:32 PM by Aniv_D »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »
That is an interesting discovery. Thank you for reporting the problem.

Это интересное открытие. Спасибо, что сообщили о проблеме. (Yandex translation)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

bergasha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 04:46:17 AM »
Just updated again and can confirm this fixes the issue... Thanks guys

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 02:58:51 PM »
Aniv_D: Thank-you for your error report.  Your images made everything clear.  I confirm that this is a bug and I will try to fix it in the next version that I release.

Bergasha: I'm glad your issue was resolved.  Thanks for letting us know.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
There is now a new version of VoxCommando with this bug fix on the downloads page.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:27:53 PM by nime5ter »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 03:33:49 AM »
Good Job and thanks James  ::bow :clap
***********  get excited and make things  **********