Author Topic: Issue with Hue Light..  (Read 2717 times)

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Issue with Hue Light..
« on: August 12, 2017, 03:41:53 AM »
Hello,

Im facing some issues with one of my hue bulbs and i really hope someone can tell me what is up.

Last night, one of my  bulbs died on me and i replaced it with another one from my bathroom, i renamed it through the Philips hue app to what the dead bulb was named and deleted the dead bulb.

So i have 4 bulbs for now in the room:

1) Computer Light
2) Mirror Light
3) Bed Light
4) Window Light

Please review the image below.

http://imgur.com/a/6q6i3

Light 4 says "error reading light status".

Now it is important to note that when i call scenes through Hue.Scene.Load it works perfectly fine, the light also responds and works perfectly fine with smartthings and the hue app, i am only having issues getting VC to recognize it through manual commands.

Here is one of the scenes that i created manually in VC prior to learning the Hue.Scene.Load command:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.3.7-->
<command id="343" name="Set Scene Beach" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="20" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Hue.Light</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>1</param>
      <param>"on":true, "hue":15000, "bri":100%</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>2</param>
      <param>"on":true, "hue":35000, "bri":100%</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>3</param>
      <param>"on":true, "hue":30000, "bri":100%</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>4</param>
      <param>"on":true, "hue":65000, "bri":100%</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>6</param>
      <param>"on":true, "hue":25000, "bri":100%</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Set Scene Beach</phrase>
</command>

When i tinker with the brightness or hue for light 4 it doesn't budge, all other lights work fine. But when i Call upon the above scene through the appended voice command the light works absolutely fine, they go on and off and change hue absolutely OK.

Any idea how i can get the light with an error to function normally again?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Hue Light..
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 04:48:05 AM »
The command looks fine and I'm sure there is nothing wrong. I have no HUE lights so I can't really help (just a try of guess) - but if you have replaced the bulb is there something possible like refresh Hue devices so that the bulb ID is actual? or maybe you have to disconnect the HUE plugin and reconnect it again and also press the button "GenXML" to generate a actual device list - as I said - this is only a guess, maybe James or a other user with a HUE system can help.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:03:40 AM »
If you do a GenXML in the plugin settings then all of your commands will work normally.

There is a bug in the light editor of the plugin settings only.

The bug occurs when a light has been deleted.  When I first wrote the plugin deletions were not even possible and since I've never deleted a light before I never noticed an issue.  I have now deleted one of my lights and will fix the issue but it should not affect the normal operation of the plugin with voice commands at all.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Here is an updated version of the Hue plugin that should address this issue.

Please test it.

- Replace the dll in your VoxCommandoInstallation\plugins\Hue folder withe the one attached to this post.
- Remember to UNBLOCK the dll.

* The dll file has been removed since the latest version of VoxCommando has a newer version of the plugin included.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:03:04 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »

So i have 4 bulbs for now in the room:

1) Computer Light
2) Mirror Light
3) Bed Light
4) Window Light

Please review the image below.

http://imgur.com/a/6q6i3

Light 4 says "error reading light status".

Now it is important to note that when i call scenes through Hue.Scene.Load it works perfectly fine, the light also responds and works perfectly fine with smartthings and the hue app, i am only having issues getting VC to recognize it through manual commands.

Here is one of the scenes that i created manually in VC prior to learning the Hue.Scene.Load command:

When i tinker with the brightness or hue for light 4 it doesn't budge, all other lights work fine. But when i Call upon the above scene through the appended voice command the light works absolutely fine, they go on and off and change hue absolutely OK.

It's important to note that although you have 4 lights they no longer have the IDs 1,2,3,4.  The light you are calling "window light" no longer has an ID of 4 because that light was deleted and hue adds other lights without replacing that ID.  The reason your old XML seems to work (I think) is that it is also setting the light with ID #6, which I suspect is the ID of what you are now thinking of as light 4.

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
The command looks fine and I'm sure there is nothing wrong. I have no HUE lights so I can't really help (just a try of guess) - but if you have replaced the bulb is there something possible like refresh Hue devices so that the bulb ID is actual? or maybe you have to disconnect the HUE plugin and reconnect it again and also press the button "GenXML" to generate a actual device list - as I said - this is only a guess, maybe James or a other user with a HUE system can help.

Kalle

Thanks for the help Kalle, jitterjame's dll did the job, you guys are awesome and i am proud to be a supporter of this project.

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
Here is an updated version of the Hue plugin that should address this issue.

Please test it.

- Replace the dll in your VoxCommandoInstallation\plugins\Hue folder withe the one attached to this post.
- Remember to UNBLOCK the dll.

Replacing the dll did the job, your prompt help is much appreciated, i am sure this post will help many as they replace and delete older lights seeing as Philips lights don't have the longest of lifespans!

Thanks again!

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
It's important to note that although you have 4 lights they no longer have the IDs 1,2,3,4.  The light you are calling "window light" no longer has an ID of 4 because that light was deleted and hue adds other lights without replacing that ID.  The reason your old XML seems to work (I think) is that it is also setting the light with ID #6, which I suspect is the ID of what you are now thinking of as light 4.

Yes i noticed that, but because there was no light 6 option in the plugins window i was confused and pretty much ignorant about what to do next, your help resolved it thoroughly though, thank you!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
Thanks for your support and for bringing this issue to our attention.

I'll include this update in the next release so it should not be an issue for others going forward.

Please keep testing and let me know if there are any other problems. :)

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
Pleasure all the way bud.

Will keep it going and do what i can to take this product to the next level leveraging whatever strengths i have!