Author Topic: feature request: mandatory prefix mode fix random code operating  (Read 1829 times)

nightgamer360

• View Profile
Love vox commando,

Ocassionaly when i use it vox will execute random commands. I fixed some of the problem as i found out that my laptop had an internal mic already on it (wich i turned off) as i was using a headset but the problem still persisted. a quick fix of course is to put vox on standby after playing a movie/tv show but this is also fixable on your guys end.

For instance i was watching an episode of the flash and the word zoom was said and vox zoomed. Thier is a prefix mode for vox but unfortunately the prefix's arent mandatory (you can say the prefix or run the command without it).

Being able to switch the prefix to mandatory should stop random code execution as the mic was actualy so sensitive it was picking up audio from the headphones i was wearing and will also pic up voices of other people talking in the room and possibly the tv show/movie especialy if your using an open mic.

This if the code only operates for instance if Vox is the prefix, it wont pick up random conversations as word triggers on the mic.

cheers and regards.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: feature request: mandatory prefix mode fix random code operating
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:00:25 AM »
Hi nightgamer360,

it is a good idea to use the prefix-mode in standby anyway, especially if you have a lot of noise in your room (talking people, TV, Music, etc.).

I'm not sure if I understand your "problem" correct, but the prefix-mode is made to use with "standby mode" - if you let VoxCommando always stay in listen mode (green), it will execute your command with- or without a prefix. There are some settings in the options menu (set prefix confidence, ...) to configure the prefix and also a timeout feature to switch VC from listen to standby after a given time. I'm sure there is nothing to fix for us.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:13:26 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:31:10 PM »
I agree with Kalle.  Really the whole point of having a prefix is to use it with standby mode enabled.  The solution is to use standby mode.  That is not a quick fix, it is the correct solution.

If you only have certain commands that you think are subject to false positives then you could consider modifying the phrases for those particular commands, or increasing the minimum required confidence for those commands, but really if you intend to use an always on, open microphone then you need to use standby mode.  If you want to switch to on mode for a few commands, you can set the idle timeout timer to automatically put you back into standby after a certain amount of time passes without any commands being recognized.

I would also like to point out to you that VoxCommando will only listen to one of your microphones.  So if you have  multiple microphones, it does not really matter, but you should make sure that the correct microphone is selected to be used.  Normally it will be whichever microphone is set as the Windows default input device, but there is also an action in VC that you can use tot select which microphone to listen to.  http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VC.SetSpeechInput

nightgamer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
cheers and thanks for the info and quick response.

in the future when your doing any a.i. or group game related programming for vox if you wish to support this in the future (wich maybe you dont) , i think your going to run into problems when you program and use vox for this if your using any sort of group gameplay, group entertaining or a.i. codeing, the computer without a fixed prefix mode will have no way of knowing if your talking to someone in the room or someone acidently says something to someone else and activates coding built into the programming because humans can do something computers cant wich is understand when someone is talking to them when dealing with multiple people talking in the same room.

regards-john
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:18:46 PM by nightgamer360 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »
You are just not getting it.  I'm sorry.  I don't know any other way to explain it to you so that you can understand.

Yes in the future it will be supported, because it is supported and has been supported by VC for years.

It is called standby / prefix mode.  You are asking for something that already exists.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:37 PM »
Is it possible that you do not know that you can issues commands while in Standby, by using a prefix?  Otherwise I don't understand the point of this conversation.

If you're having a party where the microphone can hear everyone in the room then you absolutely need to be in Standby mode the whole time.

In case it helps here is the description of using a prefix in standby.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options#Prefix_Mode

and here is a video ( 6 years old! ) showing how it works:

As you can see, the prefix becomes mandatory when you are in standby mode, but you can still issue commands without having to switch to be on/listen (green) mode.

I think what you want is just to always be in standby mode, and of course you can set VC to be automatically in standby mode when it starts up. The wiki has more information on that.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:39:14 PM by nime5ter »