Author Topic: Ring Video Doorbell Voice Controlled And Demo Video Showing What You Can Do  (Read 2713 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation

Hi Everyone, here is a video showing my ring video doorbell being controlled with vox commando, last year I added a thread on being able to see your ring video doorbell events and past visitors.

This new video shows how vox can now be used to answer the video doorbell and speak to who is at your front door. I now have this set up on my business PC which is linked up to the big TV in the office and I also have it set up in the front room.

So when someone approaches the front door or presses the ring video doorbell, the TV turns over to the HDMI channel to see my ring video doorbell and I get the option of answering the video call through my TV and speaking to my visitors at my front door.
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
nice!!!! can you share how you set this up?

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi There, yes it is rather easy, you will need to have windows 10 installed on your PC, then download the RING app which only works on WIN 10, then just use keyboard emulation to click the sections of the app you want to voice control.

All the best,
Sim

Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
great thanks Ill give this a try.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
How did you get along with it?

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
I actually started looking into another direction, I am trying to leverage the windows 10 notification to generate a trigger so VC can open the app once there is motion or someone has rung the doorbell. But there is no LOGS for notification center , I could of created an event trigger off that but no luck. The other thing im looking at is if the ring app writes to a file every time it detects motion or a doorbell ring. the path to the app is C:\program files\windowsapps\

you have any ideas?

thanks

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Ahhh okay, it is probably best to have it set so you can choose when the app opens, the motion alerts on the device are far from accurate and would have the app constantly opening and stopping you doing what you are doing on the computer.

I do have it set up so that when the doorbell is pressed however that my TV switches over to the HDMI channel and loads up the app and opens the mic so I can speak to the visitor but its rather an intricate set up and to much to go into on a post.

It can all be done though, so don't give up on it.

I actually started looking into another direction, I am trying to leverage the windows 10 notification to generate a trigger so VC can open the app once there is motion or someone has rung the doorbell. But there is no LOGS for notification center , I could of created an event trigger off that but no luck. The other thing im looking at is if the ring app writes to a file every time it detects motion or a doorbell ring. the path to the app is C:\program files\windowsapps\

you have any ideas?

thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
@2exclusive -- if you haven't yet, I would look into an IFTTT solution. There appears to be a Ring channel for IFTTT.

https://ifttt.com/ring
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2125.0
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
awesome!!!!!!!!!  :yay

thanks didn't even know they had one.  this will definitely make things easier.