Author Topic: Stop responding and crash  (Read 2527 times)

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
Stop responding and crash
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
James,

I'm running 2.2.0.7. Win 7 Kodi 16.0 RC 1

I have been having trouble with the program and have finally decided to look into it. I use my amulet remote to control certain functions in Kodi (volume, tv guide, ok, etc).  It usually works.  Lately, it's been very unreliable. The remote won't work (fully charged) because Vox commando is showing red and not green. For some reason, instead of being in 'On' active listening mode, it will switch itself "off" not listening.

I will restart the program via Full Restart and it will first display 'loading plugins' in the white box and will hang. I can't click on 'On' either because it's still frozen. I can see the little windows blue circle telling me that its loading\thinking. If I control-alt-delete to close the program and restart it, I get the same thing.
The only way I've seen to make it work is restart the computer. It will work for a time being before it starts messing up again. If it's messing up with 'loading plugins' than I don't know why because I haven't messed with the configuration in a while.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Stop responding and crash
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »
I have never heard of anything like this before.  It sounds like a severe problem with your system or some sort of corruption of your VC setup.

I've never tried with the Jarvis version of Kodi yet but it's unlikely to be a problem (just noticed that Jarvis is out of beta so I'll test it).
Try to "purge cache" from the VC File menu
You might also want to test using another microphone to see if it has anything to do with the Amulet.

If none of that is the issue then I recommend doing a fresh install of VC using the latest version on the download page.  Start with a standard configuration and test before trying to restore your custom configuration.

If you still have problems please send me a log and any other information you think might help.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:47:37 PM by jitterjames »

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
Ok I will start with your instructions as soon as it crashes again. I restarted the computer and it is ok. Before opening Kodi, I restarted VC a couple times to see if it would act up but it worked ok. I will just have to let it crash again and see what is triggering it. Then, I will follow your instructions. Thanks bro.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »
Looks like there is a new version of Kodi that was put out pretty recently.

Jarvis 16.1

I have tested quickly with it and it seems fine but many people seem to be grumbling about Jarvis being buggy so I think I'll wait a bit longer before I switch my regularly used HTPC over from Isengard.  I don't need the headache and I'm not aware of any new features that are of interest to me (not that I've really looked).

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »
Yeah I am not a fan of KODI's constant upgrade policy especially when old bugs are never fixed and new ones are added in.

Anyway, I had a question about VC. I am trying to make sure my options are setup to not let VC go into standby mode. I believe there is an option on the general tab (the first tab in options) that will keep it from going to standby mode if you set it to '0' which disables it. Does that sound right. I do have a 0 set but it still goes into standby mode sometimes. So i wanted to make sure the options were set right to not let it go to standby mode.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
Maybe you have a command which contain an VC.Standby action - you can use the seach function in the command tree.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »
Use the history window to find out why it is going into standby in the first place.