Author Topic: Last Thing Vox Said By TTS Variable Required For Use With Scrape For Auto Remote  (Read 2091 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know the variable for the last TTS thing vox said, I can find all the variables for it to tell me the last thing I said, the last event it ran etc, but there doesn't seem to be one in the list to add the last Text To Speech vox said to me.

So if anyone can drop me the variable for doing just that, would really appreciate it.

The way I am using it is having the last TTS Speak variable added at the end of a scraped url.

PegLegTV any ideas?

Thanks.
Sim  8)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:19:25 AM by Simeon Tuitt »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
There's no LastTTS variable but you can use the action: TTS.GetLastText
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
There's no LastTTS variable but you can use the action: TTS.GetLastText

Thanks for the quick help nime5ter, is there anyway to get that action to work at the end of a scraped url, I have tried it and it doesn't insert the text.

I know the TTS.GetLastText can be used within vox, but what I am doing is having the TTS added to the end of a scraped url for my device and then tasker is reading it.

It is so I can have TTS feedback from vox when on 3g and away from home and it is a quick simple way to do it, so need to find a way for the last TTS vox says to be added to the end of my scraped url.

All the other variables work fine for being spoken, so I just need to find one that shows the last text vox ran from tts speak since it will vary.
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
The action works the way any VoxCommando action that "gets" some kind of information works.

It stores the result of the action in {LastResult}.

So you'd need to add a TTS.GetLastText action in directly above your scrape action. Then you use {LastResult} in your URL to represent the last TTS spoken.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
The action works the way any VoxCommando action that "gets" some kind of information works.

It stores the result of the action in {LastResult}.

So you'd need to add a TTS.GetLastText action in directly above your scrape action. Then you use {LastResult} in your URL to represent the last TTS spoken.

Hi nime5ter, I had just worked it out and got it working before this reply, but thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.  8)