Author Topic: can't find command: The given key was not present in the dictionary.  (Read 1147 times)

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
I've recently re-installed windows 7 & thus re-installed VC.

I've restored my VC back up but am finding anything to do with windows navigation (page up, page down, scroll down, minimise, maximise window etc) is not working & I get the error message in the history windows "can't find command: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

I'm also getting this error?
"unexpected error:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at eval_g.eval_ᜀ(String A_0, Int32 A_1)
   at eval_g.eval_ᜀ(String A_0,"

Any advice as to what I have done wrong?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:38:41 PM by SteveB69 »
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: can't find command: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
In answer to my own question, I originally re-installed VC over it'self on my D: drive, a clean install on my E: drive has solved this issue.
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: can't find command: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »
Instead of doing a reinstall you can usually use "Purge Cache" on the file menu and then do a full restart.

Installing VC on top of an existing healthy VC folder almost never causes any problems.  That's how you normally update to a new version of VC.  A backup is still recommended but only because there could be unexpected changes in a new version of VC and it's always nice to be able to revert back quickly if you need to.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:52:28 PM by jitterjames »