Author Topic: startup options  (Read 1268 times)

paulbeauvais

• View Profile
startup options
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:40 PM »
I have been looking for way to trigger events when VoxCommand starts.  I can do this from an external source but timing that is a bit challenging. 

I would use this to do things like read variable defaults from a file, or reestablishing timers if Voxcommando needed to restart (I was thinking about restarting it every night at 4 am).

Is there a way to run voxcommando startup events via VoxCommando?

Thanks,

Paul

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: startup options
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:05:17 AM »
the forum is full of examples that do just that ... little search would've gave you the answer

when VC starts it generate event VC.Loaded (if I remember correctly)

When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

paulbeauvais

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:31 AM »
I did do a bit of research, I searched for startup, on start, start.  Never thought to look for load, and the forums are so large, that if one does not know where to look it is hard. 

The other option I found (and I did not want to use) was to start with the command line (I could pass in an event to run with VoxCommando starts).

Thanks for the answer and thanks for it being so quick.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
It can be hard to find things on the forum when you're not sure what you're looking for.

Starting with the wiki page dedicated to "events" would probably have been worthwhile in this case, since you knew you were interested in doing something with events:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Events#Using_existing_events
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)