Author Topic: VoxWav Pro issue with red commands  (Read 2909 times)

laestrella

• View Profile
VoxWav Pro issue with red commands
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »
Hello,

Oftentimes when I say a command Voxwav shows it in red on my android tablet and it's usually correct but it never executes. What does the red mean and how can I force Voxcommando to always accept that entry even if it's not sure that's what I said.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav Pro issue with red commands
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »
When the command shows up in red in VoxWav, this is feedback from VoxCommando. It means that the voice command recognition is below the threshold that you set in your "required confidence" Options in VoxCommando. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options

You can touch on (tap) the red text at any time to have VoxCommando execute that command.

You can also reduce the threshold percentage in VC Options.

That may be fine if the only way that you issue voice commands is using the VoxWav app. However, if you also use a microphone that requires a higher confidence threshold to avoid false positives, you may not want to do that.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:45:34 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »
You might also want to experiment with your mic source in VoxWav, to see if that helps improve the recognition confidence level.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav_Pro_Audio_Settings
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

laestrella

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:49:39 PM »
When the command shows up in red in VoxWav, this is feedback from VoxCommando. It means that the voice command recognition is below the threshold that you set in your "required confidence" Options in VoxCommando. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options

You can touch on (tap) the red text at any time to have VoxCommando execute that command.

You can also reduce the threshold percentage in VC Options.

That may be fine if the only way that you issue voice commands is using the VoxWav app. However, if you also use a microphone that requires a higher confidence threshold to avoid false positives, you may not want to do that.

Thank you. I tried lowering the confidence in VC. But that did not help. I reduced it all the way to 1 with no luck unless I'm changing the wrong thing.

laestrella

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »
You might also want to experiment with your mic source in VoxWav, to see if that helps improve the recognition confidence level.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav_Pro_Audio_Settings

I did manage to change the source to one of the non-recommended sources and it seems to perform better. I have a galaxy tab s2 and for some reason it doesn't like mic or voice recognition even though the note 5 is ok with either of those two.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
I reduced it all the way to 1 with no luck unless I'm changing the wrong thing.

Hm. Weird. I'm not sure why that would be, but I'm not the developer.

If VoxWav is working better for you with your other Androids, I wonder if something is impacting your Tab S2's audio, or perhaps the data transmission from that particular device.

You might want to go into the TcpMic plugin settings, and enable "Save a copy of the wav in the \Wavs folder" (temporarily). You can then issue some commands and then try playing back the saved recordings to hear what they sound like.

But if changing the mic source helped, perhaps that's good enough.

James has a Tab S2 also, and it is working very well for him so far.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »
I have a new Samsung tab s2 and VoxWav works really well with it. It seems as good or better than any other device I have tested.. I usually get confidence in the 90s. I am using the "speech recognition" input.

If you are able to verify that the mic is not defective (by listening to a recording made with it) then try changing your volume in the tcpMic plugin settings.

You could also try creating a new speech profile in Windows speech settings.