Author Topic: Kodi Isengard and CinemaVision  (Read 2918 times)

francois.legrange

• View Profile
Kodi Isengard and CinemaVision
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »
Hi there Everyone.

Brand new to VoxCommando and need some help.

I love the CinemaVision plugin that has replaced the Cinema Experience plugin in Kodi. When installing VoxCommand and Selecting Kodi Isengard as the application, it installs scripts for Cinema Experience.

Has anyone been able to change this to support CinemaVision? Is anyone willing to share their xml?

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi Isengard and CinemaVision
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
Welcome to the Forums  ;D

Looking at the forum for CinemaVision  it looks like the following Command Should launch CinemaVision for you.

you just need to have the movie you want to watch Focused in your movie library and say

"Take me to the Movies"

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.4-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="CinemaVision" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="943" name="Launch CinemaVision" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Addons.ExecuteAddon</param>
        <param>"addonid":"script.cinemavision,experience"</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Take me To the Movies</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

how to copy the command to your Voxcommando tree editor: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum#Importing_XML_to_Your_Command_Tree

I don't use this addon but from there documentation this command should work for you

if you are interested in making your own "Theater Experience" with Voxcommando here is an example: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2303.msg19915#msg19915

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

If you want to add a CinemaVision experience to a particular movie in your collection (e.g.,"Take me out to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's"), the following works for me:

<command id="404" name="Take me out to watch {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Enjoy watching: {PF.1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>0</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param> "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cinemavision", "params": [ "movieid={1},nodialog"]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Take me out to watch</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcMovieIDs.xml</payloadFromXML>
</command>

Like PegLegTV, I found the basic syntax documented on the Kodi forum, under "Methods for running CinemaVision". http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231881, and adapted it based on existing examples in VC.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:26:03 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »
I've had a bit more time to experiment this morning so here are a few discoveries.

If you want to load a CinemaVision double feature by naming the two movies you want to watch:

<commandGroup open="True" name="Cinema Vision double feature" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="513" name="double feature {1} and {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Enjoy watching: {PF.1}, followed by {PF.2}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param> "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cinemavision", "params": [ "movieid={1}|{2},nodialog"]</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>double feature</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcMovieIDs.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase>and</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

I recommend keeping the double-feature command above in its own command group, especially if you have many movies in your moviesID payload xml.

If you prefer to browse your movies, queue up the movie(s) you want to watch and then launch CinemaVision, I found that the syntax PegLegTV originally suggested is a good guess but not quite right. The following should work:

<command id="943" name="Launch CinemaVision" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>"addonid":"script.cinemavision", "params": [ "experience, nodialog"]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Take me To the Movies</phrase>
</command>

In all of the commands above, I've included the "nodialog" parameter. Without that parameter, a CinemaVision popup window appears and you have to manually click on "play" in that window in order to start your show.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:26:19 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 11:21:39 PM »
Good Catch nime5ter,  :) I finally had a chance to look over the syntax some more and see the the "nodialog" method,

I just got tired of using the cinema experience add on, and made my own using VC, the up side is I have more control and I created a REC. button so if I like one of the movie trailers then I can add it to my wanted list just by hitting the REC. Button

francois.legrange

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:35:27 AM »
Thanks guys

Highly appreciate the help

I must be doing something wrong, but i cant copy the xml to my editor. keep getting invalid xml

***Update****

Never mind. PEBCAC = Problem exists between keyboard and chair
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:49:35 AM by francois.legrange »