Author Topic: Tasker + VoxCommando = Home Control App  (Read 10669 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Tasker + VoxCommando = Home Control App
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
I updated the post above,

unfortunately I am getting a lot of exclamation marks in triangles that I don't seem to be able to edit.  Maybe it's not really possible to export and import this way between different devices.  Anyway, hopefully I will still be able to browse around to see some of what you did.

try clicking the item that has the exclamation point and then in the edit screen click the exclamation mark again and select an image you would like to use

Also I just remembered that when making the artwork for my backgrounds I had to make them smaller then my screen resolution for some reason, so if my screen was 1920x1080 then I made them 960x540

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
Caution Launching the Scenes with out all of the scenes working, some of the scenes can not be closed by using the the home or back button and force you to restart your device,

the back grounds for some reason where giving me a little trouble too,

I set a new image as the background for the remote scene but it did not show up in the scene editor but when I launched the scene the new image was there,

maybe an option would be to

long press the background and select "Set Foreground"

then select the item to edit it and then Copy all actions and transfer them to a new Image that you could then set as background,

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 05:14:39 PM »

maybe an option would be to

long press the background and select "Set Foreground"

then select the item to edit it and then Copy all actions and transfer them to a new Image that you could then set as background,

I eventually muddled through it.  I have problems with my tablet doing long presses sometimes too which doesn't help.  Both your methods worked once I moved other things out of the way and tried a few times. Thanks :)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »
Sweet, glad to here,  :yay

It looks over whelming but once you get a feel for tasker its not to bad,  this was by far the most advanced app that I have made, I just kept thinking of other stuff to add.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 03:27:27 AM »
after messing with my phone and another Tablet of mine I found that even though I used two of the exact same tablets (Lenovo A2109) and transferred all scenes and Artwork (in the same location), after a while some of the art work would disappear,

Even after I went through and re set all the artwork it would still loose the artwork randomly after a random amount of time,  ???

where the tablet that I created the "App" in hasn't had any problems, even after I rooted it and had to reinstall everything, I even went as far as creating a tablet mount that keeps it right at arms length and then use autovoice to have a short range open air mic,

so if you are going to create an app of your own, I hate to say it but I think your best bet is going to be starting from scratch  :(

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 09:17:40 AM »
Yeah that sucks. Starting from scratch is a pretty laborious undertaking, especially if you are new to Tasker.

Luckily there are lots of different ways to skin this particular cat.