Author Topic: errors when Gen XML for KODI  (Read 2654 times)

chilliman

• View Profile
errors when Gen XML for KODI
« on: September 05, 2015, 12:45:57 AM »
Hi Guys.
i am having a problem trying to run Gen XML on Voxcommando v2.2.0.7, i am running Kodi on a different computer the systems are talking to each i can move around the system on the remote computer but when i try and get to gen xml i get an error , please see attachments.

thanks
chilliman

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: errors when Gen XML for KODI
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:26:13 AM »
Im still not completely sure I'm clear on what you are (trying to) do. I migrated to remote MySql ages ago. If you are trying to incorporate a shared/network database for multiple Kodi instances I would HIGHLY encourage you to setup MYSQL, its easier to maintain and far better performing. The KODI wiki pages clearly show how to accomplish that.

But I loaded the plugin and notice it seems to assume, the databases for a local instance. Are you sure the NTFS/Share permissions are correct on the share for the user running VC?
May want to try to move the databases to a different folder like c\temp\
That seems like an odd UNC path.
This is purely conjecture from the screengrabs but
it looks like admin share but there is no c$
unless you really created a share called 'users', and if so the folder is under the user folder for the 'kodi' user which I imagine is not an administrator, and likely not the user VC is running under,
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:30:24 AM by vulcanjedi »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 08:44:37 AM »
Looks like the paths are wrong. Unfortunately the error only says that it's unable to open the file but not why. It might not be able to find the file or it might not have permission.

What background colour are the fields containing your paths in the xSql plugin settings?

chilliman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
Hi.
i followed the instruction on youtube video a set it up to what i thought it should be with the database paths set to the remote computer which is run Kodi i hope this is correct , i think it maybe permission issue but not sure the best way to set this up.
please see attached image of Xsql setup.

thanks
chilliman

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
The green backgrounds mean that the path is probably correct, which means that you have a permission issue.

You need to grant permissions for those files to the user that is connecting to the network share.  If you browse to that network folder from your computer that is running VoxCommando are you able to create a subfolder?  If not then this indicates a problem with your permissions.

There are endless resources on the internet that will tell you how to do Windows networking and set up file sharing permissions etc. correctly.

If you can't get this to work you can always just use the GenXML from the xJson plugin.  It is less flexible and a bit slower but it allows you to scan most of the regular stuff.

chilliman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
thanks guys i will look in to this over the week and let you know how it works out

thanks
chilliman

chilliman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 12:18:45 AM »
hi 
It was a permission issue working ok now

Thanks Again
Chilliman