Author Topic: Kodi 16.0/Vox Commando  (Read 1452 times)

speedysound

• View Profile
Kodi 16.0/Vox Commando
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and i was trying to install VoxCommando on my computer when i ran into a little problem. I followed every step on the tutorials on youtube and got it installed into the directory on windows and in kodi via zip file but whenever i try to open voxcommando.exe on the windows folder it shows "no languages suitable for speech were found". I'm super noob when it comes to coding and computers in general so sry if skipped a step.

I'm running windows 8.1 pro and kodi 16.0 alpha 2.

Thanks for any attention!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Kodi 16.0/Vox Commando
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
Hi speedysound, welcome to the forum.

What language of OS do you use? What language of VC configuration did you choose? (Did you choose one that matches your existing OS language?)

Is Windows Speech Recognition itself working for you?

Please review the various suggestions in this thread (including/especially the video that James posts on installing language packs in Windows 8.1), give those suggestions a try, and let us know how it goes.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0

It may not be of use in this particular case, but in general you can also post a log for us when you run into errors.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:17:34 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi 16.0/Vox Commando
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Also perhaps going to the general stable Kodi build vs the pre release /unstable builds would be a good approach at least until your environment is hardened, albeit from the brief info below your issue seems non Kodi related at this part of the workflow.